More About OPTIMIST1948
Visit My SparkPage Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
Studded with fruit and loaded with fiber, these are as healthy as a cookie can get
This is Alton Brown's recipe with 1/2 pork and 1/2 tofu, more veggies and a few other minor changes. I needed the nutrition info for my tracker. Its excellent.
Pozole is a traditional Mexican soup. This is inspired by the real stuff, but I have taken a few liberties to improve the nutrition.
Enchiladas Suizas are a chicken and cheese enchilada served with a green sauce. This is my conversion into a casserole dish that my kid wolfed down. Its not spicy, easy casserole, great for potlucks. You can make it vegetarian by removing the turkey.
Just your basic salad. You can lighten by using reduced fat mayo, greek yogurt or even avocado. Calculations are made using regular mayo (because that's what I have.) Chopped pickle or some curry powder makes a nice flavor variation.
Something I whipped together from stuff floating around my pantry. Kitchen smelled FAB, hardest part was waiting for the lentils to be cooked.
A healthier adaptation of the pancake recipe on the back of Stewarts Buttermilk Quart. Set your oven to 200, to keep those babies warm while you are flipping the rest.
Why isnt there a category for comfort food or potluck food? This is great for both, it can be made ahead of time with no loss of quality. Men, women and children like it. Its a great way to "sneak" loads of veggies in. This is one of the few recipes my mom ( a noted hate to cook-er) passed down to me.
Recipes I've Rated:
- Beer Can Chicken
- Easy Steamed Fish Packets
- Better Breakfast Casserole
- Romesco (1 tablespoon / serving)
- PUERTO RICAN BEANS
- Puerto Rican Style Beans
- Tabbouleh with Tomatoes and Cucumber
- Vegetarian Lentil Burgers
- Collard-Wrapped Burritos
- Crockpot Ropa Vieja
- Bariatric Galabki (Stuffed Cabbage Rolls) tlh
- Chopped Vegetable Salad
- Quinoa-Black Bean Casserole
- Stir-fried Kale with Slivered Carrots
- Roasted Root Vegetables
- baked venison
- Cowboy Caviar
- Crispy Faux-Fried Mexican Chicken
- Asian 3 Bean Salad (Ellie Krieger) 3/4 cups servings
- Falafel - Hungry Girl Style (with added oil)
- Fennel and Orange salad
- Spinach Manicotti
- Garlic-Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Noodle, ham, and egg casserole