More About GTNP4ME
Visit My SparkPage Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
Recipe as presented was for 1 serving - a dainty 686 kcals!
Changed to 2 servings.
Taking our Agave would reduce cals by 20 per serving (5.3 carbs, all sugars.)
Twist on Zatarain's Dirty Rice mix, made without meat.
This is a favorite from my childhood. It is far better the second or third day as the flavors marry but I typically end up making it the day we're having it, then looking forward more the next day.
The "Almost" is that I've substituted Light Buttermilk Ranch Dressing for half the usual mayonnaise in order to cut the calories and fats a bit. Also, I now use No Salt Added kidney beans and do not add any salt while preparing. Sometimes I will put a little shake of salt on when on my plate; I still miss the "full salt" version of my youth sometimes.
A teaspoon or two of horseradish, I don't use the creamy kind, goes well in this, especially the second day. It is not included here.
My Mom's recipe says "Some Mayonnaise", "Some Salt", and "Some Pepper" but I actually measured instead of making it by eye as is my norm.
Mom was very specific about the kidney beans being "Rinsed and Drained WELL." It does make a difference.
This is an adaption of an adaption by "Diana Takes a Bite" of a recipe from "Smitten Kitchen." It is quite tasty, reasonably quick, and super simple to cook.
Diana added Chick Peas and Uses Grape or Cherry Tomatoes. I substituted chicken stock for her substitution of chicken broth for water in the original. I also used Pearled Farro as that is what I had on hand, so I had a little more juice left when the farro was done.
When Serving, sprinkle on grated Parmesan Cheese to suit and drizzle a little more olive oil if you'd like. Those are not included in the nutritional calculations as some of us like a LOT of Parmesan.
Tabouleh - Adapted from Bob's Red Mill Package Recipe, includes some High Altitude Mods JUL2015
Recipes I've Rated:
- WILTED SPINACH SALAD WITH WARM BACON DRESSING
- My Spicy Old Fashioned Meatloaf
- One Minute Cheese and Garlic Flax Muffin - Low Carb (by BJUBILEE)
- Flax Muffin in a Mug
- Banana Cream Pie
- Fajita Chicken
- Baked Butternut Squash Fries
- Lentil Vegetable Soup
- Slow Cooker Northern Bean and Spinach Soup
- Skillet Dijon Chicken Breast
- 15-Minute Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- Pork Chop, Apples & Saurkraut Casserole
- Green Beans with Ground Beef
- Roasted Beets with Gorgonzola, Walnuts & Arugula
- Quinoa Primavera
- World's Best (and Easiest) Salmon
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- Linguine with Spicy Shrimp
- JP's scrumptious Green Beans
- Eggplant with Black Beans
- Chicken Stir Fry
- Quinoa and Cheese
- Pulled Chicken BBQ Sandwich
- Cajun Style Baked Sweet Potato
- Honey-Balsamic Chicken Breast
- Lightened-Up Apple Crisp
- Loaded BBQ Chicken Sweet Potato
- 20-Minute Chicken Creole
- Simple Salmon Patties
- Roasted Zucchini and Yellow (Summer) Squash
Recipe Collections I've Shared:
|Spanish Rice Options