More About ZELLAZM
Visit My SparkPage Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
From A Taste of Home. Really good as is, or adapt for your own lower calorie/fat version.
From Land'o'Lakes website, via Kal.
From cooking light, Oct. 2011
A nice, not-too-sweet muffin with a touch of lemon.
A different take on hummus. From the Novice Chef blog. Makes a lot! Can be frozen.
Adapted from a Real Simple recipe. I've also made it with arugula instead of the radicchio. Other chopped or grated veggies could also be used.
A delicious way to use butternut squash, pumpkin, or other winter squash varieties. Could be adapted to reduce fat content. I've translated this from a recipe in a German magazine. Serve with green salad or sliced tomatoes.
Recipe for one pancake - can be topped or filled as desired!
Hokkaido pumpkin is also known as ambercup pumpkin. It doesn't need to be peeled. I used a soy-based, non-dairy creamer. Sour cream could also be used.
This is a go-to meal for me when I don't have time to prepare something more complicated. It could also be eaten cold, just warm the tortilla slightly to soften before putting on the toppings. The sour cream is not included in the nutrition calculation.
An easy pound cake made finer with marzipan (aka almond paste.) Very rich and delicious!
Looks pretty, tastes delicious. Even better the next day. I haven't tried doing it yet, but doubling the recipe would make it a great potluck bring-a-long. Try using only low fat cheese to cut the calorie/fat content even more.
...from Carol Gelles, 100 Vegetarian Recipes
From Ladies' Home Journal. This is a batter bread, heavy, dense and very tasty! Freezes well.
Can be served with tomato sauce.
from 1000 Vegetarian Recipes by Carol Gelles
A basic muffin recipe from the Fannie Farmer Baking Book, adapted a bit by using whole wheat flour, buttermilk, and reduced sugar jam.
Also known as "cleaning out the veggie bin soup".
Refreshing and delicious.
Spicy and filling. You can reduce the amount of couscous if you prefer.
Healthy and not too sweet. Very adaptable: I cut the amount of raisins and sunflower seeds; you could leave them out and still have a yummy breakfast or snack muffin. Lots of fiber, too!
Recipes I've Rated:
- Asparagus Tart with Ricotta
- Corn Flakes Chicken
- Buttermilk-Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- Kona Inn Banana Nut Bread
- Shepherd's Pie with Ground Turkey
- Back-On-Track Wheatberry and Bean Salad
- Red Quinoa and Black Bean vegetable Salad (Modified From Oh She Glows)
- OSG Red Quinoa & Black Bean Vegetable Salad
- Black Bean Hummus
- Maple-Almond Salad Dressing
- Salsa Turkey Burgers
- Herbed Bulgur and Lentil Salad
- Turkey Chili with Corn and Black Beans
- Crustless Spinach Quiche
- Spinach-Feta Personal Pizza
- Chutney Chicken Wrap
- Low-Fat Eggplant Parmesan
- Best Granola Bars
- Healthy Granola Bars
- Sweet Potato Fennel Chunky Soup
- Tofu Fettuccini Alfredo Recipe
- Enchilada Soup
- Corn Chowder
- 100-Calorie Carrot Ginger Muffins
- Ratatouille with whole wheat pasta
- Vegan Brainless Banana Pancakes
- Oriental Broccoli Slaw with Turkey