More About JWARD199
Visit My SparkPage Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
Substitute 1/2 c xylitol or other sweetener for sugar-free fudge.
This is the original recipe, to which I substituted rice flour for wheat, and made my own beef broth (used Pacific Natural Organic for calories). Bread and cheese for serving not included in nutrition information.
Warning: Full Fat Dish; need to know calories for this delicious treat
Bob's Red Mill Whole Ground Flaxseed Meal Recipe
Rusty ran a restaurant in Mount Vernon for years. I ate there all the time when I was in High School. This is the Chili recipe, thanks to a friend on FB!
Scandinavian treats for any occasion! From Wikipedia: Chokladboll (literally "chocolate ball") is a popular Swedish pastry. The chokladboll is usually slightly smaller than a golfball. The chokladboll consists of oatmeal, sugar, coffee, cocoa, butter, and sometimes a pinch of vanilla sugar, which is mixed to a compact mass. Balls are formed and then rolled in nib sugar, shredded coconut, or sprinkles. Chokladboll can be eaten immediately, but it is usually first placed in the refrigerator for about an hour or in the freezer for those who prefer a harder variety. Because of its simple recipe, it can be quickly made by anyone and is popular at children's parties and as homemade candy.
Modified form Zigweegwee's recipe:
Use what ever left-over vegetables you have on hand. Drain well and soak on paper towel to absorb liquid before sauteing in hot oil. Use oven safe skillet, preferably a seasoned cast iron skillet.
Modified from an old Weight Watcher's recipe.
with Lemon Cordial Dressing and Feta Cheese
Modified from Best Broccoli Soup Ever
SUBMITTED BY: ROYHEATHER
Modified from the suggested menu of Spicy White Bean Soup.
Serve over Bulgur
from the "Space-saving, Time-saving Cooking for Men-on-the-Move" recipe booklet put out by Tobasco in the 1960s. "However you go ... by land or by sea, the makers of TABASCO wish you a safe and restful trip."
"Helps you make 36 different dishes by having only 16 non-perishable cooking and seasong stables in your boat, camp or trailer.
I modified and entered ingredients to match what I actually used this evening for a truly delicious meal.
Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/vie
A Swiss steak with round steak and mushrooms. More Swiss steak recipes below.
My mother's recipe.
Here is a recipe for authentic Hungarian Goulash I learned to make from my grandmother and mother who were from Austria-Hungary. Every family has its own version of Goulash. My family would NEVER consider tomatos or green peppers or other spices in Goulash. Some other dishes would have tomato or green pepper, but not Goulash. Slow cooking is the secret and you can never use too much paprika. I like to use 3 tablespoons. Hope you enjoy this dish, I have been raised on it.
Regards, June Meyer.
I modified her recipe to use 1 1b. ground chuck instead of the 2 lb she calls for, just to reduce the amount of meat. Calories are calculated using my ingredients, which I place in parenthesis after hers.
I use half white and half wheat flour. The butter makes the biscuits crisp and delicious.
Modified from another SparkRecipe using the ingredients I used.
My mom's recipe. It is delicious, but not low fat.
From ARMYMOM46 recipe in Eating without Compromise Team forum:
Modified from another SparkRecipe:
I substituted homemade low-sodium vegetable broth for the beef broth to cut back on sodium and to make it a vegetarian dish.
Made from left-overs after Thanksgiving dinner. You may substitute any vegetables.
Low sodium recipe. Very tasty. Add salt at the table to taste. No salt added to recipe, and tasted great without any added. My husband added salt and pepper to his serving.
Makes 9-10 cups of relish
Recipe By: The Meatless Gourmet by Bobbie Hinman
Mixed from ingredients found in my pantry at then end of the pay period.
To cut down on sodium, I use homemade enchilada sauce made from a fellow SP member's recipe, Granny's Enchilada Sauce:
I make this with left over roasted chicken legs and thighs, trimmed of all fat and tendons before dicing into 1 inch pieces.
* Carrots, raw, 1 medium (remove)
* Celery, raw, 1 stalk, medium (7-1/2" - 8" long) (remove)
* Garlic, 3 cloves (remove)
* Onions, raw, 1 medium (2-1/2" dia) (remove)
* Baked Potato (baked potatoes), 1 potato (2-1/3" x 4-3/4") (remove)
* Water, tap, 8 cup (8 fl oz) (remove)
by Chef Michel Nischan
A healthy "Three Sisters" succotash featuring beans, corn, and pumpkin
This segment appears in show #3201.
Recipe courtesy of Michel Nischan
© 2007 Michel Nischan
"Thick with an abundance of mozzarella, Parmesan and ricotta cheeses, this chicken and spinach lasagna could make you forget all about the tomato kind!"
"Beef rump slowly roasted with Italian seasonings until tender. Whenever these were on the menu, lines would form. Serve on crusty Italian bread."
I couldn't find an accurate nutrition record for boneless rump roast, so I chose the closest I could find, Beef bottom round. The nutrition on Allrecipe.com says:
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving
* Total Fat: 32.7g
* Cholesterol: 138mg
* Sodium: 985mg
Amount Per Serving
* Total Carbs: 2.3g
* Dietary Fiber: 0.8g
* Protein: 45.2g
I increased the amount of beef to make the recipe meet the calories of the original recipe. If you use boneless rump roast, the calculations will be correct for the amount listed in the ingredients list.
I used my left over chicken parts after roasting a chicken. Use any chicken you have available. I used American Cheese because that was what I had. Use any cheese you want. The flavor will change, but it will be good!
I forgot to use the 3 T of butter called for in the original recipe, it turned out great, I just had to turn them one last time and bake for an additional 5 minutes to brown on all sides. My picky sil loved them! :)
A delicious way to use the leaves of carrots - serves 2-4, depending on the size of carrots
A recipe for carrot greens. Serve with toast and veggie sausage.
Modified by using Curry powder instead of Garam masala powder, Curry leaves and Tumeric powder, because I didn't have those ingredients, but I'm sure it would have been better if I had mixed my own.
Modified from recipe found here:http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/green_peas
This recipe can be served as curry also with rice or without rice as a side dish.
This is a low fat reciepe and very easy to make.
Easy baked fish
My grandma made this cake often when I was growing up. It is delicious!
People fight over the “yummies” created by the caramelizing juices in this simple baked chicken recipe, which become crisp and very dark as the chicken cooks
Low sodium version of Pinto Beans.
Makes great sandwiches when cold.
Delicious over polenta.
I modified TZIPPY04's Left-over magic chicken and noodles recipe to use low-sodium broth. I also added zucchini matchsticks.
I modified this version of cabbage rolls using ground turkey instead of ground beef. This dish freezes well, so you can have half for dinner and freeze the other half for another time.
This can be made with ground turkey or ground lamb.
I made this with left overs. If I had had cheddar cheese, I would have used that.
This mug cake is perfect for when you want a little something sweet.
This easy and tasty risotto makes a nice winter supper. I'd serve it with a salad made of raddicchio, endive, celery, and a few sliced Kalamata olives.
Chicken strips baked with a crispy rice coating.
From "The Vegetarian Epicure" by Anna Thomas:
I added more water. She says 5 cups, I used 8. The water cooks down.
Made with a white sauce from skim milk rather than canned soup. Make your own broth to control the sodium and fat. I used an organic low-sodium broth to calculate, but I made my own broth.
A wonderful staple in Italian kitchens!
Garlic shrimp and pesto on angel hair pasta. Substitute whole wheat pasta for an even healthier meal. (My daughter doesn't like whole wheat pasta, so I'm entering it the way I prepared it. I prefer whole wheat!)
Basic casserole with a kick!
This is a mix of spices to add to Buttermilk Ranch Dressing.
Uses 97% lean ground beef or ground turkey for a leaner chili.
Lighter recipe with evaporated skim milk instead of half and half
This recipe substitues Ground Turkey for the beef in the traditional recipe.
This is not a low fat or calorie recipe. I'm putting it in to calculate the damage from eating 3 meatballs! (It is delicious, BTW!)
A light version with whole wheat pasta
Delicious when made from garden fresh tomatoes at the end of summer.
Great with Cuban Salmon and Brown Rice
This recipe is slightly richer, using Ricotta and Mozerella
from canned salmon
Low Calorie Version of the classic recipe.
Recipes I've Rated:
- Eggplant Bacon
- Spelt Pie Crust
- Garam Masala Spice
- Soft-Serve Banana 'Ice Cream'
- pumpkin bread pudding
- Sliced Baked Apple
- Easy Paleo Chicken Fajitas
- Homemade Sugar-Free Ketchup
- Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Fresh Barley Vegetable Soup with Beef Broth
- C Cabbage Soup with beef broth
- Crockpot French Onion Soup (made with vegetable broth, not beef)
- Okra, Tomatoes, & Rice
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- DIY Flax Seed Granola Bars
- Skinny Cheeseburger Slider Kabobs
- Quinoa con pollo (quinoa-chicken pilaf)
- Crustless Spinach, Onion and Feta Quiche
- Elegant and Easy Poached Egg in a Birdsnest
- Gluten free banana date breakfast cookie
- Split Pea and Sweet Potato Soup
- ROSEMARY CHICKEN LEGS
- Asian Chicken Salad
- Pot Roast
- Fresh Guacamole Dip
- lamb shank and vegetable slow cooker
- Bean and cheese burrito
- Garden Harvest Vegetable Soup
- Yule Goose
- No-Bake Chokladboll (Chocolate Ball)
- Single Serving Mixed Fruit/Yogurt Smoothie
- Skinny Chicken Parmesan Salad
- Roasted Root Vegetables
- Braised Collards
- Better than buttered broccoli!
- Tropical Grilled Chicken
- Okra, Corn, Tomatoes
- Sausage, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Roll-Up
- Easy Lemon Chicken
- Authentic Hungarian Goulash, Kapuvar style
- Brenda's Blackberry Cobbler
- Light Lemon Bars
- Crispy Peach Cobbler
- Banana, Strawberries and Blackberries Smoothie
- Herbed Bulgur and Lentil Salad
- Hearty Beef & Vegetable Stew
- Best Broccoli Soup Ever
- Better Beef and Broccoli
- Tomato Basil Soup
- Maple Country Style Pork Ribs (Low Sugar)
- End of the Garden Beef Vegetable Soup
- Macaroni & Cheese (baked)
- Thai Curried Lentils
- Oatmeal Chocolate chip muffins
- kibbe nyee
- Original NestlĂ© Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mole Sauce
- Roasted Italian Pork Tenderloin
- Celery and Potato Soup
- Easy Slow Cooker Lemony Garlic Chicken Breast
- Barley Lentil Mushroom Soup
- Cabbage & Bean & Barley Soup
- Cranberry-Almond Oatmeal Cookies
- Sweet Corn Pudding
- Pseudo-Sophisticated French Lentil Soup
- Oatmeal Creme Brulee
- Crispy Chicken Wings (baked)
- Brown Rice Custard
- French Onion Soup
- French Onion Soup
- Crock Pot Roast Chicken
- BLT Potato Snacks
- Caramalized Brussel Sprouts
- Cajun Chicken Caesar Salad
- Honey Mustard Roasted Chicken
- Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
- Onion Pasta
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Crab Cakes
- Creamy Tomato Gorgonzola Soup with Fresh Basil
- Tasty Swiss chard
- Easy Chickpea and Potato Curry
- Simple Quinoa and Vegetables
- Tomato Soup
- Roasted Fennel and Peppers
- Vegetarian Collard Greens
- Homemade Applesauce
- Chicken Piccata
- Granny's Enchilada Sauce
- Home made Chicken Enchiladas
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Magic Crust Quiche
- Succotash from The Victory Garden
- Turkey Keilbasa with Peppers and Onions Over Brown Rice
- Masa Harina Chips
- Grilled Romaine Salad
- Epicurious Chicken Piccata with Capers
- Parmesan Rice Pilaf
- oatmeal raisin muffin
- Vegetarian Chili
- Chicken Escondido
- Pinto Beans and Ham Hocks
- Steph2003's Chicken & Dumplings
- Garden Vegetable Frittata
- Mommataurus' Steak Stir Fry Ravioli
- Turkey Stuffed Cabbage
- Tex Mex Calzones
- Onion and pepper smothered round steak
- Caramelized Onions
- Swiss Chard with Carrots and Onions
- Carrot Top Soup
- Ham Hocks and beans.
- Sauteed Beet Greens
- Ethiopian Split Peas
- Chicken Marsala
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Fried Morel Mushrooms
- guilt free fried mushrooms
- Fall off the bone beef ribs
- Lemon-Pepper Chicken Caesar Salads
- Barbeque Chicken legs
- Potato Salad
- Twin Meat Loaves
- chili with ground pork
- Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Tortilla Soup
- Butternut Squash Risotto
- Vanilla Pudding
- Left-over magic chicken and noodles
- Chicken And Noodles
- Easy Chicken and Noodles
- Wonderful Stuffed Potatoes
- Apple and Onion Salad
- Healthy Chicken Vegetable Casserole
- Healthy Spinach and Cheese Burrito
- Spaghetti Meat Sauce
- Steak Fajita Quesadillas
- Beef Roast with Broccolini and Sweet Potatoes
- Potato Dumpling soup
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Chicken Thighs and Rice with Honey Lemon
- Grilled Asparagus
- Black Beans and Rice
- Pasta and Black Beans
- Low-Fat Spinach Stuffed Shells
- Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Paprika Chicken with Sour Cream Gravy
- Lunch Tortilla
- Egg Salad
- Sweet Potato & Apple Scallop
- Low Fat Bisquick Chicken and Dumplings
- Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie
- Spicy Baked Eggplant
- slow cooker barley/mushroom/lentil soup
- Corn Chowder
- Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Dijon Beef Stroganoff
- Delicious Chickpea Curry
- Turkey Porcupine balls
- Crustless Salmon Quiche
- Pomegranate Breakfast Smoothie
- lebanese lentils & rice (mjadra)
- Chicken & Noodles
- Dijon-Tarragon Cream Chicken
- Ground Beef Calzones
- Homemade Spaghetti
- Gramma Maria's Zucchini
- Zucchini Bread