More About PROVERBS31JULIA
Visit My SparkPage Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
From the DAK TurboBaker V Breadmaker machine (no longer produced). This recipe makes about 1.5 pounds and designed for round machines where the yeast goes in first (bottom) and liquids on top. For square type machines where yeast goes on last, just reverse the sequence of ingredients, and adjust proportions if your machine is smaller (see manufacturer directions for conversions). My family LOVES this recipe. I've also used dried mint as well as fresh mint, and I tend to use the plain full-fat (healthy fat) yogurt, rather than no-fat with the added gelatins, gums, carageenan, or other thickeners - the more bacteria strains, the better, as far as I'm concerned. We've also used other bread flours, not necessarily King Arthur brand, so that's up to you as well. Breads usually include some salt to improve bread rising, but this recipe does not call for salt. I've used unsalted butter in this recipe with good results so I'm guessing the natural sodium in lemon or in the yogurt may be at play here? It works somehow! or has, for us!
This is a yummy salad that my mom found, and I like it for breakfast or lunch as well as a side for dinner.
I doubt I make this exactly same way and amounts next time but at least I can track the calories better this time.
Clementines, Carrots & Blueberries
This is a delicious sweet unleavened bread that can be used as an appetizer or as a dessert. It's kind of rich, and I had to guess at portion sizes. We usually get from 12-18 slices per loaf of bread (actually I haven't paid a great deal of attention and may edit this next time I make it). I know some people will slice down the length of their bread pans after making the individual slices across the short width, to double the amount of bread servings available (especially for a large meal with many guest and wanting to make a lot of smaller pieces to go around). Prep time could be 10 minutes, or longer, depending on how prepared you are. I'm calling these "snacks" but I've seen these used as dessert, especially to accompany fruit or ice cream.
We got this from the Garvin County Extension office, Paul's Valley, OK "The Nineties Cookbook" and it's been our traditional go-to. I was curious to see the calorie breakdown, and I typically use the Bruce's brand (can't remember if it's yams or sweet potatoes. I also tend to use the kosher/halal brand of marshmallows - they just seem to "work" better, taste better. I tend to smash my peaches all up and blend them in lightly so it's more like a souffle rather than chunks of veggies (and have been known to add raisins or pineapple chunks in it as well.). It could be called "vegetarian" if one leaves off the marshmallows or finds a vegan version?
The Freggie Smoothie I made for my lunch and snacks today. Yum! Sorry, I drank it all before I thought to take a photo.
I originally blogged about this recipe and where I got it in my blog
...that I made today.
Nothing fancy. I just wanted some beans, and found some freezer burned lean beef that we had inherited and wanted to use it up. But too hot to mess with following some complicated recipe and my son won't eat the good chili with cut up onions, garlic, green peppers.
A cool summertime veggie salad that I converted from a standard "cookbook" recipe, along with my own commentary which was not in the original fundraiser hometown cookbook. Sorry I ate it all up before I could take a picture...maybe I can edit and add it later. Mostly green & pretty!
Recipes I've Rated:
- "I Can't Believe It's Low-Fat" Pumpkin Pie
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
- Protein Mocha Coffee
- Cabbage Vegetable Soup
- Easy Peanut and Sesame Noodles
- Persian Yogurt Drink (Doogh)
- Zaatar Recipe: Wild Thyme Herbal Mix
- Wholesome Whole-Grain Bunny Cookies
- Avocado Tuna Salad Wraps
- Kiwi Lime Energy Smoothie
- Balsamic Roasted Roma Tomatos
- Ghormeh Sabzee (persian)
- Homemade Heart-Shaped Marshmallows
- Ful Medammes
- Ful medames
- Tropical Grilled Chicken
- Tofu Chocolate Cake
- Kate B's Amazing Kale and Eggs
- Pasta Bake with Sweet Turkey Italian Sausage
- Firecracker Almonds
- Slow Cooker Pork with Greens and Beans
- Kale Salad with Avocado, Apple & Cashews
- Pork Tenderloin with Mango-Chili Sauce
- Savory Greek Beans (Fasolia Gigantes)
- Wildly Addictive Peanut Butter Granola
- Carrot-Cranberry Salad
- Citrus and Black Bean Salad
- High Fiber Brownies
- Baked Potato Soup
- Dietitian Becky's Orange Flavored Sports Drink
- Slimmed Down Shrimp and Cheesy Grits
- Mocha Cottage Cheese
- Creamy Fruit Dip
- Chicken-Veggie Quesadillas with Ranch Yogurt Sauce
- Summer No-Cook Oatmeal
- Sesame Chicken
- Poppy Pecan-Pear Spinach Salad
- Sweet Potato Custard
- Chicken & Asparagus Pasta
- Arabian Vegetable Medley
- Raw "Andes" Mint Chocolates
- Brickle-Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Strawberry Waldorf Salad
- Brussels Sprouts With Browned Garlic
- Thrive Apple Cinnamon Energy Bars
- Faux Fried Cheese Sticks
- 3 Cabbage Slaw
- Gratin of Greens
- Panfried Spicy Potatoes with Eggplant
- Keema (Ground Beef Casserole)
- ChickPeas & Spinach
- Potatoes and Ham Au Gratin
- Heavenly Spinach
- Hickory Flavored Turkey Burgers
- Carrot, Parsnip & Leek Soup
- Cream Cheese and Salsa PinWheels
- Polenta with Turkey and Mushrooms
- Sauerkraut with Red Wine and Onions
- Vegetarian Pizza Toast
- Israeli Salad
- California Roll in a Bowl
- Homemade Protein Bars-chocolate
- Thai Chicken Coconut Soup
- Potato and Leek Soup
- Deluxe Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Oh Boy, Salad!
- Yummy Garlic Wings
- Pumpkin Corn Cream Soup
- Cranberry Relish Gelatin
- Vegan Pumpkin Bars
- 6 Grain Breakfast
- Whole Wheat Pasta with Sesame Peanut Sauce
- Bean and Macaroni Soup
- Spaghetti Squash
- High Protein, Low Carb, Low Fat CHOCOLATE BROWNIE!!!
- Easy Slow Cooker Lemony Garlic Chicken Breast
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut and Sesame Noodles
- Earth Burgers
- Lap-band Friendly: baba ghanoosh
- Syrian Style Greens Beans with Tomatoes
- Chickpeas, peas and corn salad
- Chocolate Cinnamon Bread Pudding
- Fish Loaf
- Soft-Serve Banana 'Ice Cream'
- Cherry Fluff Salad
- Kyle's Hummas
- Roasted Veggies
- South Beach Friendly balsamic glazed mushrooms, red onions and jicama (All Phases)
- Yogurt Gazpacho
- Tzatziki (Yogurt Dip)
Recipe Collections I've Shared:
|Unleavened Bread Recipes
Recipes for Passover or Days of Unleavened Bread. These do not contain yeast, baking soda, baking powder, or other forms of leavening.
|Mediterranean/Middle Eastern/Indo-Pak etc
Middle Eastern - Lebanese, Egyptian, Jordanian, Iranian/Persian as well as farther east - Indian, Pakistan, etc. - Most of these I have EATEN at restaurants, some I have made, or I want to try to make the recipes. Some Greek Israeli Italian, Turkish etc. I'm not particular!! It's good!!
|Ice Cream Vegan Vegetarian Stuff to Try G