More About PROVERBS31JULIA
Visit My SparkPage Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
Makes 1/4 cup homemade poultry seasoning - entire container used in one recipe of Cornell Chicken (4 chicken leg quarters). Could likely calculate smaller servings like 1/2 tsp or to taste for other seasoning pirposss?
BATGURL250 found this low carb or KETO friendly version of a Wendy's Frosty type chocolate shake, from this blog, and shared it with us in the Team Keto! team: http://lowcarbyum.com/creamy-low-carb-choc
This is a recipe my husband has used for the past 40 years. I was pleased to see that BONESFAN had already uploaded, but that person is no longer a SparkUser. The nutrition info on that recipe needed to be changed to reflect the nutrition for each of the individual pieces, not for the entire pan of bread eaten at once. This is traditionally made in the spring for the Days of Unleavened Bread, or also Passover. We have made this with other oils - olive, corn, sesame, coconut, so switch it up if you like the different tastes. We usually make it 1/2 white flour or Unbleached all purpose flour, and half whole wheat. If you choose to make it with all whole wheat flour, you will gain better results by adding a 4th egg and likely need another cup of water. Also, I don't recall if original directions mentioned pulling bread out about halfway in baking time to use a fork or knife to prick holes in the bubbles - this will help them lay back down flat for rest of baking. As I am starting the low carb high fat this year, I plan to experiment making this with gluten free flours to lower carb count. Don't know yet how that will turn out.
Hoping this comes off a bit low carb high fat smoothie. The fruit pack may push it over the edge.
KETO, Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) friendly from
bread-recipes/ - blog has other adaptations
My friend found this KOSHER Pad Thai from a recipe on Facebook. All the Pad Thai recipes here use shrimp or pork or oysters, stuff I don't want. In this ingredient list, I've listed them in the order shown on the video, plus, in the video many of these were listed as 1/4 cup or 1/8 cup and the item in Spark Nutritional only had a teaspoon or tablespoon option - so I had to convert a bunch of them.
Nam Pla is the name of the type of Fish Sauce (different brands) that contains only Anchovies - no shrimp or oyster, etc. Also, the video doesn't say any brand, just "one package of bean noodle - 8 oz", and at our local Asian stores, they literally have hundreds of brands scattered among all the various Asian countries. I've seen other recipes where they substituted soba noodles or vermicelli (angel hair) etc. It's just a starch - use your favorite!!
The video refers to "3/4 cup Pad Thai Sauce" but then proceeds to name off 1/8 cup of the next 6 ingredients (fish sauce, vinegar etc). So I'll do that in the cooking instructions too.
My ex-mother-in-law made this pie crust all the time for every occasion. It looks like a lot of calories just for the crust, but this is supposed to make enough crust for THREE pies (9" pie shells). If you cut a pie into 8 pieces, that's about 273 calories a slice just for the shell, not including the topping. You might be able to get 12 or 16 skinny little pie slices, depending on topping. Or maybe experiment with using less shortening and more water/vinegar and perhaps another egg to reduce calories from shortening. That might be an interesting science project for another day. Otherwise, this close to Thanksgiving, I don't want to mess with tradition!
From the DAK TurboBaker V Breadmaker machine (no longer produced). This recipe makes about 1.5 pounds and designed for round machines where the yeast goes in first (bottom) and liquids on top. For square type machines where yeast goes on last, just reverse the sequence of ingredients, and adjust proportions if your machine is smaller (see manufacturer directions for conversions). My family LOVES this recipe. I've also used dried mint as well as fresh mint, and I tend to use the plain full-fat (healthy fat) yogurt, rather than no-fat with the added gelatins, gums, carageenan, or other thickeners - the more bacteria strains, the better, as far as I'm concerned. We've also used other bread flours, not necessarily King Arthur brand, so that's up to you as well. Breads usually include some salt to improve bread rising, but this recipe does not call for salt. I've used unsalted butter in this recipe with good results so I'm guessing the natural sodium in lemon or in the yogurt may be at play here? It works somehow! or has, for us!
This is a yummy salad that my mom found, and I like it for breakfast or lunch as well as a side for dinner.
I doubt I make this exactly same way and amounts next time but at least I can track the calories better this time.
Clementines, Carrots & Blueberries
This is a delicious sweet unleavened bread that can be used as an appetizer or as a dessert. It's kind of rich, and I had to guess at portion sizes. We usually get from 12-18 slices per loaf of bread (actually I haven't paid a great deal of attention and may edit this next time I make it). I know some people will slice down the length of their bread pans after making the individual slices across the short width, to double the amount of bread servings available (especially for a large meal with many guest and wanting to make a lot of smaller pieces to go around). Prep time could be 10 minutes, or longer, depending on how prepared you are. I'm calling these "snacks" but I've seen these used as dessert, especially to accompany fruit or ice cream.
We got this from the Garvin County Extension office, Paul's Valley, OK "The Nineties Cookbook" and it's been our traditional go-to. I was curious to see the calorie breakdown, and I typically use the Bruce's brand (can't remember if it's yams or sweet potatoes. I also tend to use the kosher/halal brand of marshmallows - they just seem to "work" better, taste better. I tend to smash my peaches all up and blend them in lightly so it's more like a souffle rather than chunks of veggies (and have been known to add raisins or pineapple chunks in it as well.). It could be called "vegetarian" if one leaves off the marshmallows or finds a vegan version?
The Freggie Smoothie I made for my lunch and snacks today. Yum! Sorry, I drank it all before I thought to take a photo.
I originally blogged about this recipe and where I got it in my blog
...that I made today.
Nothing fancy. I just wanted some beans, and found some freezer burned lean beef that we had inherited and wanted to use it up. But too hot to mess with following some complicated recipe and my son won't eat the good chili with cut up onions, garlic, green peppers.
A cool summertime veggie salad that I converted from a standard "cookbook" recipe, along with my own commentary which was not in the original fundraiser hometown cookbook. Sorry I ate it all up before I could take a picture...maybe I can edit and add it later. Mostly green & pretty!
Recipes I've Rated:
- Spaghetti Squash Pancakes
- Cauliflower Faux Mashed Potatoes
- Low-Fat Eggplant Parmesan
- Fajita Spice Mix
- Onion Soup Mix ( Like Lipton)
- Keto Super Salad Dressing
- Country Style Pan-fried Okra
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Fat Bombs
- Instant Pot mac and cheese
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- vegetable stew with lamb (ghorme sabzi)
- Sweet Matzo Brei
- Matzo Crack
- Unleavened Almond Cookies
- Jicama Hashed Browns
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto fat Bombs
- Garlic Pita Chips
- Creamy cucumbers
- Green Banana Salad
- Low Carb No Bake SunButter Bars
- Asparagus with garlic butter
- Baba Ganush (eggplant dip
- KETO BREAKFAST HASH
- Gajjar halva (Ruchi)
- LCHF Chicken Drumsticks
- Nana's Hot Tea
- Frozen Berries and Cream
- Berry Tahini Chia Pudding
- Vanilla Flavoring
- Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Beautiful fish Pie
- Baked Salmon Patties with Chia Seed
- Chia Seed Pudding
- Chia Seed Almond Pudding
- Mixed Berry Smoothie with Chia Seeds
- Laura's Low Carb Apple Crisp
- Crustless Sweet Potato Pie (Low Carb, Low Calorie)
- Unleavened Soft Flat Bread
- Practically Cheesecake
- Jewish Challah Shabbos Bread (parve)
- Atkins Original Fat Bombs
- Old-Fashioned Cut Out Christmas Cookies
- Spaghetti Squash Casserole With Ricotta and Spinach
- Sweet and Spicy Nuts
- Pumpkin Pie with Stevia
- Clarified Butter and/or Ghee
- Avocado Hummus
- Avocado Cream
- "I Can't Believe It's Low-Fat" Pumpkin Pie
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
- Protein Mocha Coffee
- Cabbage Vegetable Soup
- Persian Yogurt Drink (Doogh)
- Zaatar Recipe: Wild Thyme Herbal Mix
- Wholesome Whole-Grain Bunny Cookies
- Avocado Tuna Salad Wraps
- Kiwi Lime Energy Smoothie
- Balsamic Roasted Roma Tomatos
- Ghormeh Sabzee (persian)
- Homemade Heart-Shaped Marshmallows
- Ful Medammes
- Ful medames
- Tropical Grilled Chicken
- Tofu Chocolate Cake
- Kate B's Amazing Kale and Eggs
- Pasta Bake with Sweet Turkey Italian Sausage
- Firecracker Almonds
- Slow Cooker Pork with Greens and Beans
- Kale Salad with Avocado, Apple & Cashews
- Pork Tenderloin with Mango-Chili Sauce
- Savory Greek Beans (Fasolia Gigantes)
- Wildly Addictive Peanut Butter Granola
- Carrot-Cranberry Salad
- Citrus and Black Bean Salad
- High Fiber Brownies
- Baked Potato Soup
- Dietitian Becky's Orange Flavored Sports Drink
- Slimmed Down Shrimp and Cheesy Grits
- Mocha Cottage Cheese
- Creamy Fruit Dip
- Chicken-Veggie Quesadillas with Ranch Yogurt Sauce
- Summer No-Cook Oatmeal
- Sesame Chicken
- Poppy Pecan-Pear Spinach Salad
- Sweet Potato Custard
- Chicken & Asparagus Pasta
- Arabian Vegetable Medley
- Raw "Andes" Mint Chocolates
- Brickle-Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Strawberry Waldorf Salad
- Brussels Sprouts With Browned Garlic
- Thrive Apple Cinnamon Energy Bars
- Faux Fried Cheese Sticks
- 3 Cabbage Slaw
- Gratin of Greens
- Panfried Spicy Potatoes with Eggplant
- Keema (Ground Beef Casserole)
- Chickpeas and Spinach
- Potatoes and Ham Au Gratin
- Heavenly Spinach
- Hickory Flavored Turkey Burgers
- Carrot, Parsnip & Leek Soup
- Cream Cheese and Salsa PinWheels
- Polenta with Turkey and Mushrooms
- Sauerkraut with Red Wine and Onions
- Vegetarian Pizza Toast
- Israeli Salad
- California Roll in a Bowl
- Homemade Protein Bars-chocolate
- Thai Chicken Coconut Soup
- Potato and Leek Soup
- Deluxe Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Oh Boy, Salad!
- Yummy Garlic Wings
- Pumpkin Corn Cream Soup
- Cranberry Relish Gelatin
- Vegan Pumpkin Bars
- 6 Grain Breakfast
- Whole Wheat Pasta with Sesame Peanut Sauce
- Bean and Macaroni Soup
- Spaghetti Squash
- High Protein, Low Carb, Low Fat CHOCOLATE BROWNIE!!!
- Easy Slow Cooker Lemony Garlic Chicken Breast
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup
- Whole-Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut and Sesame Noodles
- Earth Burgers
- Lap-band Friendly: baba ghanoosh
- Syrian Style Greens Beans with Tomatoes
- Chickpeas, peas and corn salad
- Chocolate Cinnamon Bread Pudding
- Fish Loaf
- Soft-Serve Banana 'Ice Cream'
- Cherry Fluff Salad
- Kyle's Hummas
- Roasted Veggies
- South Beach Friendly balsamic glazed mushrooms, red onions and jicama (All Phases)
- Yogurt Gazpacho
- Tzatziki (Yogurt Dip)
Recipe Collections I've Shared:
|Juicing and Smoothie Recipes
Will add recipes to use for juicing veggies and fruits, or for smoothies. I think overall I prefer smoothies, but juicing has its place.
|Unleavened Bread Recipes
Recipes for Passover or Days of Unleavened Bread. These do not contain yeast, baking soda, baking powder, or other forms of leavening.
|Mediterranean/Middle Eastern/Indo-Pak etc
Middle Eastern - Lebanese, Egyptian, Jordanian, Iranian/Persian as well as farther east - Indian, Pakistan, etc. - Most of these I have EATEN at restaurants, some I have made, or I want to try to make the recipes. Some Greek Israeli Italian, Turkish etc. I'm not particular!! It's good!!
|Ice Cream/Sherberts/Gelato Vegan Vegetarian
Lots of times I want the cold creamy iciness of ice cream or gelato or sherbert or frozen custard etc, and I'm not real picky about it (I don't think). Plus I want to try vegan or vegetarian options for those times when I think I've had too much dairy, and stevia flavored to avoid the excess sugar.
|KETO, Low Carb High Fat (LCHF)
Want to try out some recipes. So far the keto way of eating (woe) seems to be working way better than Atkins ever did. In my case, I seem to respond better to the medium amounts protein and higher level of healthy fats.
|Fermentables - Yogurt Kefir Kombusha etc
|DIY Mixes - spices, sauces, gravy, breads, etc.
Make our own mixes for spice blends, sauce packets, gravy packets, salad dressing mixes, all-in-one flour mixes for cakes, cookies, breads, pancakes, etc. We can control for ingredients we don't need - sodium, artificial colors/flavors etc. Gluten-Free folks, make other changes as needed.
|Instant Pot Recipes
|Spice mixes, DIY mixes