More About LKEETON
Visit My SparkPage Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
A little tweak to an online recipe to reduce the nutritional stats.
Came up with this when I was looking for a way to use leftover cooked spaghetti squash. I was already using it for a pasta substitute, so I thought it would work as a bread substitute in a casserole. I was right. I am on a low-fat diet, so no butter/margarine is used.
Replacing the butter or margarine with liquid Butter Buds, using low-fat cream cheese, and low-fat whipped topping saves 10-15 gm of fat. In addition, using Splenda instead of sugar saves carbohydrates (sugar).
You can substitute raspberry gelatin and whole raspberries for the strawberries.
A recipe from Pillsbury that I converted to sugar free, lower carb, and higher protein. The Pillsbury folks suggested using frozen cooked chicken - a great idea to save time.
Recipe from the Pampered Chef
Tip: For the best texture, do not prepare this dish more than 1 hour in advance. ONce combined with the acidic lime juice, the shrimp will begin to firm up and eventually become tough and rubbery.
Based on a recipe from a superb low carb cook, I've "Texanized" the original. Have it plain OR garnish with your choice of salsa, sour cream (or Greek yogurt), chopped pickled/fresh jalapeños, chopped tomatoes, sliced/chopped avocados. The almond flour is really optional, but included in the nutritional statistics. The ricotta cheese blends in so well, you won't know it's there -- but adds some wonderful protein to the stats.
Nutritional stats figured for the products I used. Recipe edited to heat milk with soup.
Recipes I've Rated:
- Red River Cereal Weeks' Batch
- Fat & Sugar Free Hot Chocolate Mix
- Andrea Meat Loaf
- Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- Chocolate Flax Muffins
- Chicken Cordon Blue
- Quinoa Pasta-less "Pasta Salad"
- Quinoa Protein Pancakes
- Chocolate/Coconut Protein Bars
- Grilled Tandoori Chicken with Tzaziki Sauce
- Baked Zucchini Parmesan Crisps
- Fruity Mango Orange Drink
- Almond Joy Protein Bars
- Mexican Eggroll
- Cream of Spinach Soup
- Granny's Mock Ice Cream Sandwich
- Meatball Soup
- Roasted Veggie Pizza
- Low Carb Blackened Chicken Alfredo Bake
- PrairieHarpy's Divine Dijon Bake
- Zucchini Cheese Bake
- Warm Vanilla Berries
- PrairieHarpy's Ziti-less Chicken Ziti Bake
- Italian Stuffed Peppers and Mushrooms
- PrairieHarpy's Insanely Easy Stuffed Shrooms
- "This ain't no &$%! cheesecake" but it's good!
- PrairieHarpy's Divine Strawberry Protein Ice Cream
- PrairieHarpy's Tasty Tilapia
- Gregory's Power Smoothie
- Creamy Burrito Bake
- Fiber One Turkey Burger
- Cheeseburger Soup - Low carb
- Baked Egg Cups
- Cheese Pizza - High Protien
- PrairieHarpy's Spring Berry Delight
- Turkey Scallopini with Garlic & Herbs
- Parmasean Tuna Patties
- Vanilla Egg Custard
- PrairieHarpy's Spicy Blackberry Turkey Cutlets
- Butternut Squash Casserole
- bleu cheese salad dressing
- Monkey Bread
- Fresh Guacamole Dip
- PrairieHarpy's Cheesy Confetti Pepper Egg Thing
- Crunchy Cabbage Ramen Noodle Salad
- PrairieHarpy's Parmesan Shrimp
- $250 Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Freezer Pie
- Italian Meatloaf Roll w/ Spinach
- Saucy Parmesan Chicken
- Cabbage Casserole