More About CSIENK
Visit My SparkPage Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
I re-worked a recipe to make it gluten free. Tapioca starch could be substituted for potato starch.
Makes 6 muffin shaped no-crust mini quiches. These are great to make ahead and have in the refrigerator as part of a quick, hot, healthy breakfast or lunchbox item for the kids.
* Flour - Unbleached White Whole Wheat, 2.5 cup (remove)
* Baking Powder, 2 tsp (remove)
* Baking Soda, 1 tsp (remove)
* Salt, .25 tsp (remove)
* Turbinado Sugar (for baking), .75 cup (remove)
* Mott's Healthy Harvest Applesauce, Granny Smith, 0.5 cup (remove)
* Chobani Greek Yogurt - Peach, 1 serving (remove)
* Apples, fresh, 1 cup, quartered or chopped (remove)
* Brown egg, large, 1 serving (remove)
These muffins are a great source of fiber. This recipe makes about 18 muffins.
This is a great mid-morning snack that almost tastes like dessert! (You could also use the strawberry Chobani yogurt.)
This is a healthier version of the gawumpki that my polish grandmother made when I was a little girl. I used the crockpot instead of the oven and I substituted ground turkey for ground pork, olive oil for butter, brown rice for white. The result is a healthier family favorite - even my kids like it!
Chop Suey like mom used to make - (only just a little healthier!) The nutritional info. is calculated for 1 cup servings, but I eat 1/2 cup of this over 1/2 cup of brown rice for a great light meal.