More About STRAY_CAT
Visit My SparkPage Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
I made this recipe up one night to use up some leftover Stilton. It's a flavourful, low-fat, low-calorie main dish that goes great with a green salad and maybe some whole-wheat rolls.
Stilton is a very strong-flavoured cheese, so you can get away without adding very much to keep the fat content of these peppers low. You might prefer to use a different kind of cheese or use less if you don't like the flavour of Stilton.
Brown rice can be substituted for the barley if you prefer.
This recipe makes 12 servings, but is easy to halve. Or else you can make the full amount of stuffing and save some for another purpose -- it's wonderful cold on salads or warm in pitas.
TIP: the barley can be prepared early in the day and refrigerated until needed.
Recipes I've Rated:
- Judi's Thai-Inspired Turkey Meatballs
- Baby Bok Choy with Cashews
- Coach Nicole's Vegetable Fried (Brown) Rice
- Slow Cooker Provencal Chicken and Beans
- Quinoa and Spinach (WW recipe)
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili
- Heart Smart Carrot Muffins
- Herbed Bulgur and Lentil Salad
- Granola Bar Chocolate Chip Cookies
- slow cooker barley/mushroom/lentil soup
Recipe Collections I've Shared:
Lots of soups! I don't eat cream-based soups, so you won't find those here, but you will find lots of veggie soups!
|Cat's Snack Ideas
Healthy, fast, and tasty ... my criteria for the perfect snack!
|Cat's Salads and Sides
|Cat's Smoothie Favourites
Main meals and dinner ideas...
|Cat's Slow Cooker Favourites
I love my slow cooker and am always on the lookout for great new recipe ideas!
|Cat's Lunch Ideas
I'm always on the lookout for quick, healthy lunch ideas!