More About ERIN310R
Visit My SparkPage Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
* two cups (about one pound) dry red beans or kidney beans, soaked in water overnight
* one or two cups of coconut milk or whole milk (see the note about coconut milk on the Wali wa Nazi recipe page)
* sugar to taste (two to four tablespoons)
* a few cardamom seeds, or a quarter teaspoon ground cardamom (or a few small pieces of stick cinnamon, or a quarter teaspoon ground cinnamon)
* one teaspoon salt
* two onions, chopped (optional)
* two tomatoes, chopped (optional)
* one sweet green pepper, chopped (optional)
* one or two cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped (optional)
* one teaspoon mild curry powder (optional)
* one small chile pepper, cleaned and chopped (optional even for savory beans)
I made these bars on a whim while craving a pumpkin-y granola bar that would keep me full (with lots of fiber and protein). Feel free to play with the spices and cut down on the sugar as you see fit! The soy nuts could easily be exchanged for any nut (something like pecans would probably taste a bit more fall-like).
Also feel free to cut them up into smaller servings! I wanted mine to serve as breakfast or a mini-meal so I made them slightly bigger.
I had trouble getting the crust to stay together when I added the bar mixture. Any suggestions on how to alter the recipe to fix this are more than welcome! Enjoy!
Recipes I've Rated:
Recipe Collections I've Shared: