More About LOVE_2_RUN
Visit My SparkPage Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
Thank you IWILLTRANSFORM for this delicious recipe!!!
I originally posted this recipe as a vegan energy bar and my SparkFriend Molly (IWILLTRANSFORM) remade it to increase the amount of protein in the bars. She also made it without added sweetner (agave) and used dates instead. Her posted version calls for 1/2 C of chocolate chips, I used currants instead. Feel free to use the chocolate chips but they will alter the nutrition info.
This recipe was originally posted by ANGELICA534 in a food blog. Thanks!!! This is my vegan version of it. This is a great change from the normal pancakes and syrup with way more nutritional benefits.
Delicious homemade energy bars make a healthier, less costly alternative to store bought bars. Use whatever nuts and dried fruits you desire and sub chocolate chips for the carob chips if desired. Just make sure to choose a dairy free variety to keep the recipe vegan. The flax mixed with water is a great substitute for egg to help hold the bars together. Enjoy!
Recipes I've Rated:
- Vegan Pumpkin Tart with Pecan Crust
- Cheezy Refried Beans
- Baked Tofu Kale Loaf (vegan)
- Spicy Black Bean Burgers
- Spinach-Berry Salad
- Mango Salsa
- Strip Steak with Soy Sauce Marinade
- Sesame Bok Choy
- Sauteed Cabbage Delight
- Spicy Seitan-Mushroom Pot Stickers
- Tempeh Chicken Salad
- Vegan Pumpkin Muffin Top Cookies
- Vegan Hungry Girl grab 'n go breakfast cookies
- Tempeh and Black Beans
- Honey-Balsalmic Chicken Breast
- Easy Peanut and Sesame Noodles
- Mom's Sauerkraut Soup
- Slow Cooker Beef Roast with Cranberry and Red Wine Reduction
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Broiled Spiced Cod
- Quinoa with Spinach and Feta Cheese
- Spicy Garlic and Lime Shrimp
Recipe Collections I've Shared: