More About ALILDUCKLING
Visit My SparkPage Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
12/01/2019 This was good - I used 3 types of bread I had on hand. Revised directions to reflect need to precook/saute the veggies till tender before putting in stuffing - they were still a little too chewy/raw by end of baking w/o doing this. The servings are extremely "diet" small.
"I put this stuffing together when I was making my very first Thanksgiving dinner. It was proclaimed by all who ate it as the best stuffing. Ever."
11/2019 Melissa overdid a lot - using a large (or bigger than large??) and a medium with butternut squash amounts, which is reflected here in stats, Original amounts shown in Notes area.
Amounts / serving need to be refigured next time as well. I did not like this but it was ok- it might be just a matter of trying proper proportions and canned coconut milk. In ways, I wanted it a little sweeter. But rolls, or bread to go with it help a lot. The recipe as Mel made it was very thick. Some of the proportions of the original recipe site were changed by Yummly and I might try using the original, which is reflected in Notes. i should also add on a positive note that I was inspired watching Mel peel and cube butternut - something I have been afraid to try.
"This Slow Cooker Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup is a delicious & comforting dish for a cold day. An easy soup recipe thatís creamy and rich with the addition of sweet potato and coconut milk.
I am a big butternut squash fan and love making various versions of this soup. Itís an easy set and forget slow cooker recipe Ė no babysitting and no worrying about the pot boiling over.
Along with the butternut squash, I added some sweet potatoes to make the soup extra creamy and filling. Thereís also ginger, garlic, turmeric, nutmeg and some cayenne pepper. Pumpkin is another great substitute (or addition) if you donít have any butternut squash.
And if you like an extra kick of heat, try adding some red Thai curry paste. It gives this an extra layer of flavor Ė totally optional but SO SO good.
Once the vegetables for this slow cooker butternut squash are all cooked up, use an immersion hand blender to make it all smooth and creamy right in the crock pot.
You can also toss everything into your regular blender or a food processor if you donít have one. You may have to work in batches if you choose this method.
Slow Cooker Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup is the perfect soup for fall
This slow cooker butternut squash soup is vegan, gluten free and super healthy for you. The best part about this is how easy everything comes together.
Serve it swirled with some extra coconut milk and some pumpkin seeds sprinkled on top. Easy, delicious and comforting. "
11/2019 Uses sugar and hydrogenated shortening. Melissa felt the crust recipe had too much water in recipe and ended up adding a lot of flour to try to correct the problem --She also seemed to insist on using all the crust - too thick and not flaky at all. I don't know how to suggest it, but M could use some mentoring on the double crust making - esp on how to trim excess and crimp -- The choice of apples needed to be tarter. I would like to try substituting the sugar with something like Stevia.
"Of all the pies I make at holiday time, Fresh Apple Cranberry Pie is our family favorite. Itís fresh, tart and sweet. Love the hint of almond flavor. What would Thanksgiving be without PIE? I donít even want to go there.
You know how I love this holiday weekend. Family, friends, time to reflect on all of our blessings. Throw in football -the UTAH 8-1 (yay!) vs byu 7-2 game, food, the family turkey bowl, shopping. Love it. Making special food for the people I love is my favorite part. Baking PIE is my absolute favorite."
Nothing compares to this Fresh Apple Cranberry Pie! It has been on our Thanksgiving menu for over 20 years and continues to be on the top most requested dishes I make at holiday time. We also have this pie every Christmas as well.
"Instant pudding is the secret to having this luscious dessert on the table in 15 minutes."
8/2019 We like this!
11/2019 I may later try subbing in Stevia or ?
This is a copycat recipe.
6/2019 My best critic, Jayden, liked these! Dave said they are like "real" bread - a little chewier and not so Wonder bread soft. I think they are different from the original in that respect. I had trouble tasting the sweetness, but Davis did and obviously Jayden did -- think it is my own issue.
"Rolls is perfectly sweet, soft, fluffy, and golden brown. ... easy these are to make! Watch the video to learn how.
Taste: Sweet, slightly tropical, and buttery.
Texture: Soft, fluffy, and tender with a golden brown chewy exterior.
Ease: If bread baking overwhelms you this is a wonderful place to start!! Watch the video and read the above recipe notes and youíll be good to go, promise!
Appearance: Who could resist one of these big beautiful sweet golden rolls? They look just like the store-bought ones!
Pros: Easy, relatively quick, delicious, perfect for a special dinner.
Cons: None except maybe that these are made with white flour.
Would I make this again? Oh absolutely!"
"Work accomplished under Dr. Clive McKay at Cornell has done much to raise the standard of nutrition for large segments of the world's population. It was discovered that the addition of certain supplements in their natural forms to unbleached, synthetically enriched bread flours increases significantly their nutritive value. Use this formula in your favorite bread, cookie,muffin or cake recipe. " (Joy of Cooking).
3./2019 Temporarily changing to Whipped Salad dressing -- from Regular - as approved by Davis with a Farmshare donation.
Part of an original recipe by KA - listed in MYSPARK recipes -
Low Carb Tuna Cakes (IF)
4/16 Dave likes this a lot and uses it on plain tuna instead of mayo with whatever extra is left over. Melissa also likes this on her version of tuna croquettes if I haven't made a lowfat one.
This is a crockpot recipe for salmon loaf that is easily adapted to cooking in oven if needed, for time. Our family has loved it since 2005, making different adjustments along the way. I have a low carb version in my Spark recipes.
2/16 My estimate of bread used for soft bread crumbs is a guess. I need to count the slices I use next time for better accuracy).
Melissa felt this was a little bland.
2/16 These are very good, but the discs look smaller, thinner than the photos would suggest.
"This is probably the closest to flat out plagiarism as I've come.
However, I HAVE changed enough of the steps and ingredients, so that I may protect the (not-so) innocent (me!).
I'm a big fan of Chowstalker.com....attracting recipe developers within the paleo/primal/low-carb world... In addition to their main page, they also share recipes via their Facebook page. "Paleo-friendly English muffin in a hurry"...[DJF found on FB]... a one-minute-muffineir] ... Someone named Sve Ta suggest[ed] that 'you can do french toast, too'.
(just so I don't feel like I've TOTALLY stolen this, note that I have made French-Toast like goodies with OMM's before)
... This may very well be the best thing to come out of my kitchen in a good long while (and some decent stuff comes out of there, too!)"
3/16 Dave likes
11/18 Slightly overcooked, but good. Measured but want to measure total amount cooked, again and see what serving are.
NUT Stats are off in this recipe b/c Spark does not correctly analyze Sugar alchols --Erythritol and liquid Stevia.
2/15 This appears to be our favorite for now b/c it doesn't have sucralose after-taste. BUT, I would not call it a company dish for those who do not use sweetner subs.
Family favorite - mild chickeny flavor.
3/19 Dave preferences -- he wants more no salt - either 1 1/2 or 2 times the current amount. He prefers sharp cheddar cheese.
This takes a long time to chop, but it's good!!
11/14 With Patti's no salt added chicken broth, Davis wanted more salt. I think we need to experiment with No Salt and maybe skip the Morton Lite? This could vary with canned reduced sodium broths.
Lower fat, no artificial preservatives lower sodium
1/2017 I am rewriting this to try with ground turkey 83/15 and no salt - see similar title in My Spark pages
8/15 See SNAKEY makeover recipe.
4/14! Very good - served our family of 3 well. Very filling! Good, low carb. Used alternative biscuits for Melissa and me, and turkey sausage for all of family.
Recipes I've Rated:
- Rice Krispies Treats (original recipe)
- Atkins Tuna Casserole
- Reduced Fat Sugar Free Tapioca Pudding
- My Cornbread Dressing
- TSuzanne's Herb Stuffing
- Turkey Sausage Biscuits & Gravy
- Heart Smart Bisquick Oven Fried Chicken
- grain free chocolate cake
- Easy Crock Pot Pinto Bean Soup
- Low Carb Chocolate Snowballs
- Banana-Strawberry Smoothie
- Healthy Blueberry Scones
- Blueberry Vanilla Protein Muffins
- Caesar Salad Croutons
- Peanut Butter Fudge Bars
- zucchini quiche -crustless, heartsmart bisquick with egg whites
- zucchini quiche -crustless, heartsmart bisquick w/ whole eggs (svg=1/8)
- Ham and Egg Casserole
- Bisquick Heart Smart Biscuits w/Cheddar & Basil
- Heavenly Acorn Squash Bake
- Steve's Squash Casserole
- Low Carb Cheese Sauce
- Pumpkin Soup - curried -Low Calorie
- Watergate Salad
- Hungry Girls Smores krispymallow treats
- Cocoa Loco Krispymallow Treats
- Krispymallow bars
- Roasted Red Potato Casserole
- Warm Sausage Potato Salad/Casserole
- Oven Roasted Potato Wedges
- Candyland Peppermint Pie
- Warm Cranberry Cider
- Freezy Downsides-Up PB Dream Pie
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes & Plantains
- Alton Brown's Spinach Salad
- Hot Spiced Fruit Compote
- Asparagus Frittata
- Grape Nuts Banana Bread
- Easy Chicken Gravy
- Low Carb Chocolate Syrup
- Pumpkin Smoothie (Pumpkin Pie in a Glass)
- Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
- Fit Sweet/sour Red Cabbage
- Turkey Panini
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- Taco Seasoning
- Lord of the Onion Rings
- Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dip/ Dressing
- atkins chicken wings
- atkins blue cheese dip
- Watermelon Frappe
- Watermelon, Onion and Feta Salad
- Easy Watermelon & Feta Salad
- Oven Roasted Eggplant With Feta
- Mango Salsa
- Watermelon and Feta Salad
- Curried Mango Pork Chops
- Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint
- Skinny watermelon smoothie
- Watermelon Slushee
- Crustless Strawberry Pie
- Healthy Deviled Eggs from FANNETASTIC FOOD
- Real Low-Carb Mozzarella Sticks
- Creamy Apple Cider Cucumber Salad
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks
- Hormel Chili Cheese Dip
- Strawberry and mozzarella salad
- Tangy Summer Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Caesar Salad
- Lowfat Copycat of Newman's Own Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing
- Tomato, Cucumber & Onion Salad
- 91-Calorie Almond & Jam Cookies
- Dilled Cucumber Salad
- not quite fried okra
- Country Style Pan-fried Okra
- fried okra
- Raisin Bran Muffins
- Finnish Cucumber Salad (Low Cal Low Sodium)
- Fish Chowder
- Banana Raisin Bran Muffin
- Apple Raisin Bran Muffins (per muffin)
- Whiting chowder
- Sesame Crackers
- Spinach Parmesan Crackers
- Nanna's Seed Crackers LCHF
- Gluten free crackers
- Low Carb Cheese Crackers
- Cinnamon Crunch Crackers
- cracking crackers - made with butterbean & ground spelt flakes 29cals each
- Natural-Sweetened Graham Crackers (Gluten Free)
- Crackers - Wheat / Gluten / Yeast Free
- wheat crackers
- Homemade Goldfish Crackers
- Whole wheat crackers
- Potato Crackers
- Whole Wheat Crackers Seasoned
- Flax Crackers - Low Carb, High Fiber, High Protein
- Almond Meal Crackers
- Garlic Parmesan Flax Crackers
- Haddock Chowder.
- Creamy Blue Cheese Ball
- Raisin Bran Honey Muffins
- Low carb crackers
- Sweet Potatoes with Apples & Cranberries
- Honey Wheat Dinner Rolls
- Low Carb Bowulf Barbecue Sauce (from youtube.com)
- Heart smart Bisquick pancakes
- Heart Smart Bisquick Pancakes (Made w/ Skim Milk & Egg Whites)
- Halloween Mummy Bread (Pizza Toast)
- One Minute Chocolate Wheat Bran Muffin
- Creamy Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- Cauliflower Salad that Tastes Like potato Salad
- Cauliflower or Mock Potato Salad
- Heart Smart / HeartSmart Bisquick Substitute
- Single Serving Applesauce Oatmeal Bran muffin
- heart healthy bisquick biscuits
- Microwave Peanut Butter Cookie
- Low-Fat Eggplant Parmesan
- Mini Eggplant Pizzas
- Bisquick Fruit Bars
- Coconut Flour Flatbread
- Single-Serving Mug Brownie
- Pita Pocket Bread
- Raspberry cream cheese danish
- Danish, Blueberry Cheese
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Whole Wheat Flax Seed Pita Bread
- pita bread
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Footballs (Cocoa Rice Krispie Treats)
- Cyndi's "Twice Baked" Cauliflower
- Potato Flake Fried Chicken
- Oat Bran Brownies
- Pita Bread with flax meal
- Homemade English Muffins
- Homemade Whole Wheat English Muffins
- Homemade English Muffins
- English Muffins
- Whole Wheat Pita Pockets 1/2 Pita
- Coleslaw LOW CARB
- 5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake (w/Stevia)
- Corn Tortillas
- Dill crackers
- Herb crackers
- Pigskin Cheese Ball (Bacon-Ranch Cheese Ball)
- Atkins Meatloaf
- Cheesy Zucchini Breakfast Bake
- Home Style Brown Gravy for Turkey Dinner
- Cracker coated chicken strips
- Veggie Pizza on Whole-Wheat Crust with Feta and Mozzarella Cheeses
- Pepperoni Pizza with Whole Wheat Crust
- Thin-Crust Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough
- Gingerbread Cake
- Cilantro mayonnaise
- Crispy Parmesan Chicken Strips
- Low Carb Chicken Soup
- Kitchen Basics: Chicken Noodle Soup
- Thousand Island Dressing (Light)
- Low-Carb Pizza Crust
- Quick & Easy Whole-Wheat Pizza Crust
- Hawaiian Pizza
- ** Turkey Meatloaf - Low Sodium
- 80-Calorie Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Jenny's Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- Lowered Fat Version of Blue Cheese Hot Wing Dip and Salad Dressing
- Original Buffalo Hot Sauce for Wings
- Pita Bread
- Texas Flour Tortillas
- Blueberry Flax Seed Muffins
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Low Carb Chocolate Cheesecake
- Weber Tangy BBQ Sauce
- Creamy French Dressing
- French Dressing
- Chicken Pot Pie with cornbread crust
- Ham and Cheese Quiche, low carb
- Hidden Valley Ranch with Light Mayo & 1% Milk
- Italian Bread
- Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Sugar Cookies
- Flax seed low carb bread
- Slow cooker Enchilada Chicken Soup (Paleogrub.com)
- Light Tartar Sauce
- Wheat Hamburger Buns
- CHEESE BISCUITS
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- Cinnamon MIM (Muffin in a Minute)
- Dutch Apple Pie
- Whole Wheat Drop Biscuits
- Almond and Coconut Muffin in a Minute
- Flan - Atkins Style
- Grape Nuts Breakfast Bars
- Kristin's Best Brownies
- Banana Nut Muffins al la Robert E. Kowalski
- Basic Pita Bread
- Pita Bread
- One Minute Flax Muffin
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
- Homemade Sweet Buttermilk Cornbread
- Best Buttermilk Cornbread Muffins
- Homemade Apple Crumble
- Homemade Garlic Onion Pita Bread
- Low Fat Whole Wheat Waffles!!!
- Pineapple Delight Smoothie
- zucchini brownies
- Taco Salad (low Carb)
- Bread, Homemade
- One Minute Muffin (flavored w/ DaVinci)
- One-Minute Microwave Muffin
- Oopsie rolls/flatbread
- Very Low Carb No Sugar Almond Flour Waffles (Take 2)
- Joanie's Italian Salad Dressing
- Ham, Egg, and Cheese "Muffins"
- Farmgirl's Pita Bread After Bernard Clayton
- Abraham, Guiltless Onion Rings
- Chocolate Lowfat Waffles
- Parmesan Tuna Patties (low fat, low carb)
- Whole Wheat English Muffin Bread
- 1 minute low carb chocolate muffin
- High fiber whole wheat bread
- LOW CARB ALMOND MEAL PANCAKES
- Turkey Sausage
- Banana Muffin (with Yogurt)
- Easy Single-Serve Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcake
- Momritz's Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Salmon or Tuna Croquettes
- Magic Rolls
- Light Flour Tortillas
- Easy Low-Fat Southern Banana Pudding
- Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread
- 100% Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
- Cher's Whole wheat Bread
- Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes (Low Carb/Gluten Free)
- Cream Cheese Muffins - HCG Phase 3
- Slow Cooker Healthy Potato Soup
- Homemade Whole Wheat Bread
- Dressing - Light Ranch (homemade)
- Spinach and Cheese Egg Muffins
- Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Lemon-Mustard Chicken
- Kyrazy Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
- Turkey Sausage Gravy
- Low Carb Deep Dish Pizza Quiche Recipe
- DEEP DISH PIZZA QUICHE
- Most delicious wheat bread ever!
- whole wheat tortillas
- Homemade Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
- Mint Chocolate Chip-Oat Cookies
- French Toast Casserole
- Easy Cream of Pumpkin Soup
- Low Carb Coconut Flour Crepes
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Syrup
- Michelle's 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- Slow Rise No Knead Whole Wheat Bread
- Chris's 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- Whole wheat buttermilk drop biscuits (dough)
- Chai Tea Latte
- Cream Cheese and Jam French Toast
- Autumn Scones
- Flaxseed Crackers South Beach P1
- Whole Wheat Crackers
- Fresh Low Fat Buttermilk Ranch Dressing from Scratch
- Whole-Wheat Banana Pancakes
- Challah Bread
- Low Fat Refried Beans
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- Jello Jigglers
- Cream of Pumpkin Soup
- Pumpkin Soup
- Cheese Biscuit
- Black Bean Brownies
- My Chicken and Stuffing Casserole Bake
- Whole Wheat Beginners Bread
- Pumpkin spiced Latte
- Mom's Potato Soup
- HealthierLynn's Whole Wheat Biscuits
- Low-Carb Cheddar Bread
- Low Cal Scrumptious Pumpkin Scones
- Pumpkin Custards
- Low Carb Pizza
- Company Creamed Tuna
- Low-Fat Angel Biscuits
- Low-Carb Mock Danish
- Vinaigrette Coleslaw
- Healthy Low-Carb Cheeseburger
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Whole Grain Waffle
- Turkey Sausage
- Low-Fat Ranch Salad Dressing
- Light breakfast casserole
- Fat Free Low Calorie Catalina Dressing
- Cinnamon Raisin Scones
- Banana pancakes
- Cocoa, Banana & Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Low Carb Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks
- Gluten Free Corn Bread
- Iced Vanilla Coffee Milk
- Southern Corn Bread
- My low carb coleslaw
- Low-Sodium Breakfast Sausage
- Diet Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce
- LC Powdered Sugar Frosting
- Flour Tortillas
- Homemade Flour Tortilla's
- Irish farls soda bread
- Whole Wheat Tortilla
- Whole Wheat Flour Tortilla
- Whole wheat Tortilla Wraps
- Strawberry Jello Ricotta Creme
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Fall Pumpkin Chicken Soup
- Leprechaun Bundt Cake
- Whole-Wheat Buttermilk Biscuits
- Spiced Pumpkin Gingerbread Waffles
- Cracker Barrel Green Beans
- Atkins Chocolate Fudge
- Sugar-free Cranberry Sauce
- Dottie's Green Bean Casserole
- Dottie's Green Bean Casserole
- Low-Fat, Low-Calorie Zucchini Bread
- Low sugar Zucchini Bread
- No Bake Oatmeal Cookies
- Unbaked Cookies
- Sugar-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Whole Wheat Waffles
- Whole-Wheat Cinnamon Pancakes
- Cauliflower ''Mashed Potatoes''
- Low Fat Brownies
- Orange Julius
- Whole-Grain Banana Muffins
- Meg's Pan-Fried Chicken
- Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken
- Slow Cooker Rice
- Irresistible Irish Soda Bread
- Good-for-You Cornbread
- Taco Seasoning (Low Sodium Substitute)
- Cauliflower Faux Mashed Potatoes
- pumpkin pancakes
- Spaghetti Squash with Bertolli Olive Oil & Garlic Sauce
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Kira's French Bread
- Creamy Southwest Taco Soup
- Low Sodium Onion Soup Mix
- Chocolate Oatmeal No-Bake Drop Cookies
- White Castle Hamburger Pie
- honey wheat banana muffins
- Whole Wheat Honey Pumpkin Muffins
- Low Carb Chili
- 3-2-1 Chocolate Mug Cake
- One Serving Microwave Chocolate Cake
- Homemade Self-Rising flour
- Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes
- Ranch-Marinated Steaks.
- Atkins Creamy Italian Dressing
- Honey Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
- Cheesy Chicken and Green Bean Casserole
- Pat's Banana Muffins
- Coleslaw KFC Low Carb
- L. R. pumpkin pancakes
- Whole Wheat Waffles
- Oatmeal Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce
- 7 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookie - sugar free
- Homade Light Ranch Dressing
- Sugarfree Oatmeal/Carrot Cake cookies w/raisins
- Pumpkin Waffles
- Banana Applesauce Pancakes
- Low-Calorie Banana Muffins
- Whole Wheat Oat Pumpkin Muffins
- Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Low Carb Chocolate Cake
- Pumpkin, Bean and Veggie Chili
- YUMMY Holiday Pumpkin Muffins
- Flourless Sugar Free Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies
- Morning Muffins (whole wheat, low fat)
- Grandma Jeanette's Amazing German Red Cabbage
- Chicken Breast Tenderloins
- Old Fashioned Deviled Eggs
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes
- Low Carb Cornbread
- Whole Wheat Oatmeal Cinnamon Waffles
- Lemon Chicken
- Deviled Eggs
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Corn Meal Waffles
- Flaxseed, Wheat, and Bran Muffins
- Low Carb Cheese Sauce
- Better Buttermilk Pancakes
- Creamy Cinnamon Stuffed French Toast
- Hearty Pumpkin Chili Recipe
- Spiced Flax French Toast
- Low-Cal Banana Muffins
- yummy low calorie banana muffins
- Pumpkin Chili
- low carb banana muffins
- 100-Calorie Cinnamon Pancakes!
- Gail's Tuna Croquettes
- Low Cal French Toast
- Pumpkin Pie Cream of Wheat Cereal
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie (low carb)
- Flax Pancakes
- Low Carb Snickerdoodles
- Low Carb Cranberry Muffins