More About VAMANOS
Visit My SparkPage Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
A little wheat germ adds that old-fashioned flavor that characterize my grandmother's recipes.
My great-grandfather didn't approve of a pumpkin pie unless you could pick up a slice and eat it from your hand. Grandmother developed this super-dense pumpkin pie filling just for him, but it's my favorite too!
this recipe was adapted from one I found on allrecipes.com
A creamy soup, add your own herbs and spices to flavor to taste
This sauce comes from the Mediterranean Baked Fish Recipe that I love so much. I can no longer get an accurate calorie count from SP because it's crossed with some 5000-calorie chicken stir fry recipe, so I've added it by itself so I can use it with any meat I want.
Adapted from a recipe on cooks.com
This is a recipe, as best I can remember it, that my dad cooked once or twice. My dad hardly ever cooked, but the story he told about this one made it memorable. According to him, this was my grandfather's recipe (we called him PaPa) and it had a name in Spanish that wasn't very nice. So he called it his 'groceries'. Slightly Mexican, but with a hint of sweetness from the nutmeg, it's a good way to use leftover rice and tomatoes.
Saved recipe from CARPROTH returns wrong information; re-entered.
Add peppers and onion to your hash browns to lighten the calorie load and add nutrition.
This variation on traditional Eggs Benedict is somewhat high in calories and a little unbalanced on the fat for every day, but as a Sunday brunch it's reasonably healthy, and heavenly! The original is served at Crackers Restaurant in Chandler, AZ. I have substituted low-sodium bacon, whole wheat English muffins and a Spark yogurt hollandaise sauce topper to make it even healthier.
This is the best memory I have of a low-fat version of lentil vegetable soup recipe that I got in a low-fat recipe book years ago . I have added chicken stock for flavor. Adjust the curry to your own taste. It can also be made vegan by using vegetable stock instead of chicken.
This mildly flavored, low-fat, low-sodium recipe serves 2 as an entree, but can be multiplied easily for larger group, or divided for soup course with additional main entree.
Changed to lower sodium and use ingredients on hand.
Super simple, super quick and really delicious!
Recipes I've Rated:
- Mushroom 'Sausage' Gravy
- Sweet potato chili stew
- Super Fast Pork and Veggie Stir Fry
- Cottage Cheese Oatmeal Pancakes
- Easy Zucchini Parmesan
- Spinach and Tomato Pasta Salad
- Sausage, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Roll-Up
- Mediterranean Baked Fish
- Chicken Escondido
- Vegetarian Quinoa Curry
- Grandma's Ginger Snaps
- Braised Bavarian Pork Loin Chops
- Olive Tapenade
- Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Olive Tapenade, Tomatoes, and Feta
- Hanne's Lemon Chicken with Asparagus
- Pumpkin Pie with Crunchy Pumpkin Seed Crust
- Frozen Berries and Cream
- Winter Squash Vegetable Soup
- Antioxidant Smoothie
- Low Fat -Low Carb Chicken-Chili Relleno Casserole
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Chicken Oregano with Sweet Peppers
- Bavarian Beef
- Kath's Oatmeal Snack Bars
- FANNETASTIC FOOD'S Cinnamon Raisin Almond Balls
- Spicy Squash Seeds
- Pico de Gallo - Authentic Mexican Salsa
- Pasta with cauliflower, arugula and ricotta
- Spaghetti with sweet potatoes and ricotta cheese