More About JIFFMOM
Recipes I've Shared:
A family favorite that I've slimmed down a bit.
Quick & delicious pie.
This is a quick and easy recipe for satisfying a craving for sweets without as many calories as many pies. Try it with unsweetened coconut for even less calories. To add a bit of spice, sprinkle nutmeg over the top before baking. (Not figured into nutritional info.)
Wonderfully filling; full of protein & fiber. Serve with a few crushed nacho cheese chips and a dollop of low-fat sour cream.
Another family favorite I've tried to make into a healthier version.
A friend gave me a recipe for creamy mac and cheese that I've modified to a healthier version.
This is a family recipe that I have slightly modified. I'm sure the fat and sodium contents could be lowered even more by omitting the salt, using skim milk and replacing the eggs with egg beaters.
This is a variation on a recipe I've used for years. The nutritional values will show more fat and sodium than are actually in the dish as the bacon and beans are drained and rinsed.
This is a lighter version of a great family recipe. It's always a big hit with kids, even the very picky eaters. I have not included any bread or buns in the Nutritional Calculations for this recipe.
Recipes I've Rated:
- Crustless Spinach, Onion and Feta Quiche
- Northern Beans and Ham stew
- Chocolate Ice Cream-Peanut Butter Pie
- King Ranch Chicken Casserole
- Baked Egg Cups
- apple crisp
- Basmati rice
- LowFat Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- Green Chicken Chili
- Brown Sugar-Mustard Pork Chops
- Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
- Creamy Italian Crockpot Chicken
- Skinny Sour Cream & Chicken Enchiladas
- Mini Cheesy Meatloaves
- roasted acorn squash w/o sugar
- Cabbage Rolls
- Carmelized onions and mushrooms
- Spanish Rice
- One-Skillet Sausage Dinner
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
- Restaurant-Style Baby Back Ribs