Chicken Couscous : 6 Servings
IntroductionI serve this with a large lettuce salad and pita triangles. Sometimes I make spread for the pita - hummus or avocado/garlic and some roasted kale. I serve this with a large lettuce salad and pita triangles. Sometimes I make spread for the pita - hummus or avocado/garlic and some roasted kale.
1 1/2 t. cumin
1/2 t. ginger
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. cayenne pepper
1 lb. chicken breasts (boneless & skinless)
1 T. olive oil
4bell peppers, seeded & diced (any color)
4 scallions, sliced
1/2 c. golden raisins
1/2 c. orange juice
1 t. salt
1 3/4 c. water
1 box couscous (or 1 cup)
Frozen chicken is easier to cut, and I use smaller than bit-size pieces - almost jullienne.
You may perform the first 2, 3 or 4 steps the night before if that works better for your schedule.
I like to use one of each color bell pepper: green, red, yellow and orange, but any combination of colors works.
2. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces or strips. Add chicken to the spice bag and shake to coat.
3. Spray baking dish with olive oil (about 1 teaspoon). Dump coated chicken into the dish. Top with peppers and scallions. Lightly spray with olive oil (about 1 teaspoon) and cover with foil.
4. Bake at 350 degrees 20 minutes, or until chicken is done. Then transfer all to a large pot on the stovetop.
5. Stir raisins, orange juice, salt and water into the skillet and bring to a boil.
6. Stir couscous into skillet and remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.