Amazing Light Baklava
- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 168.7
- Total Fat: 9.4 g
- Cholesterol: 7.8 mg
- Sodium: 105.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
IntroductionHUGE pieces of delicious baklava for few calories HUGE pieces of delicious baklava for few calories
20 Sheets phyllo Dough (1/2lb package)
3 tablespoons Butter, melted -or- butter flavored cooking spray
1/2 cup Pistachio Nuts, ground roughly
1 cup Almonds, ground roughly
**measure nuts then grind
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup water
1 cup Splenda
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspooons cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
I melted the butter and added it to my Misto. I kept the butter melted during the assembly of the Baklava by keeping the bottom of the Misto in a container of very hot water. I melted a 4 tablespoons of butter but had a little more than one tablespoon left at the end. Worked perfectly!
2) Combine the pistachio, almonds, and cinnamon and set aside
3) Spray the bottom of a 9X13 glass casserole with the melted butter
4) Layer 6 sheets of phyllo dough alternating with sprayed butter
5) Spread roughly 1/4 of nut mixture then layer 3 more phyllo sheets spraying each with butter
6) Repeat step 5 three more times using all the nut mixture.
7) Layer the final 5 phyllo sheets alternating with butter. Give the top layer of phyllo a thorough coating of butter spray.
8) Cut the baklava in desired sized pieces. Bake for on one hour in a 350F oven.
9) Towards the end of cooking time while the baklava is baking combine the sucralose, water, and cornstarch mixture.
10) Bring mixture to a boil for 10-15 minutes, watch carefully to prevent scorching and boil over.
11) Add lemon juice to sucralose mixture at the very end of boiling time.
12) When baklava comes out of the oven add the boiling sucralose mixture by pouring evenly over the entire pan.
13) Allow to sit for several hours before serving to let sucralose solution soak into the baklava.
Serving Size: 12 large pieces
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CBREWER20.