Apple Oatmeal Rock Cakes
- Servings Per Recipe: 42
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 92.3
- Total Fat: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 8.0 mg
- Sodium: 3.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
- Protein: 1.1 g
IntroductionCookies so easy a baby could make them! No special equipment required, and lots of room to adjust according to your personal tastes. Cookies so easy a baby could make them! No special equipment required, and lots of room to adjust according to your personal tastes.
• *Flour Self-rising, 2.75 cup
• Butter, unsalted, 150 grams, cut into small pieces
• 3 Apples, peeled and finely chopped
• Brown Sugar, 1.5 cup, unpacked
• Applesauce, unsweetened, ¼ cup
• Milk, 2%, ¼ cup
• Cinnamon, ground, 1.5 tsp
• *Pumpkin Pie spice, 1 tsp
• Oats, ½ cup
• Sunflower seeds (toasted and unsalted), ¼ cup
• Dried cranberries, ¼ cup
You can replace the oats, sunflower seeds and cranberries with any other combination of special treats. Adjust spices accordingly. You can make a pina-colada version with dried pineapple (diced), shredded coconut and crushed macadamia nuts. Try lime zest with toasted pumpkin seeds, and an egg in place of the applesauce. In the words of TI, "You can have whatever you like!"
1. Using your fingertips, mix together the flour and butter in a large bowl. Rub the ingredients together until they make "pebbles".
2. Add in the apples, brown sugar, apple sauce, milk, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Stir to combine, just moistening.
3. Add oats, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries, then stir to combine. Mixture should be barely moist; if it seems dry add in more oats.
4. On a non-stick baking sheet, drop heaping tablespoons of batter. Bake for fifteen minutes, or until they are firm on top.
Serving Size: Makes 42 cookies.
Number of Servings: 42
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HOLISTICDETOXER.