Boxed Roast Beef Gourmet Style
- Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 382.9
- Total Fat: 19.3 g
- Cholesterol: 87.5 mg
- Sodium: 1,138.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
- Protein: 33.1 g
IntroductionThis is a great dinner option when there's not a lot of time. 20 minutes and you have a dish that's as beautiful as it is tastey! This is a great dinner option when there's not a lot of time. 20 minutes and you have a dish that's as beautiful as it is tastey!
- 1 box Tyson Roast Beef in Brown Gravy
- 8 oz Portabella Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp Blue Bonnet Light Margarine
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Prepare meat as directed on box. ((Remove clear wrap and sleeve from tray. Empty contents of the bag into a conventional oven safe container and cover with foil.))
- Cook 20 minutes or until center is hot. Let stand for 2 minutes before serving.
- When meat has about 10 minutes left, preheat skillet on MEDIUM and melt butter.
- Add oil and mushrooms. Continually stir and flip mushrooms, as best possible, until tender.
- While cooking mushrooms, sprinkle in onion and garlic powders slowly, making sure to sprinkle on newly exposed mushrooms.
- When beef is done, remove the meat and pour gravy into skillet. Allow mushrooms to cook in gravy for a few minutes.
- Spoon gravy over meat and enjoy!
When preparing the meat, I pulled it apart and soaked all the slices in the gravy. When it was done, I didn't allow it to cool and quickly poured the gravy into the skillet. After cooking the mushrooms in the gravey, I let it cool for a few minutes before serving. For our serving size we split the gravy/mushrooms as evenly as possible with one plate having 4 slices of meat and the other having 3.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JENNLOVESROB.