No-Bake Energy Bites
- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 4,222.6
- Total Fat: 292.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 778.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 430.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 32.4 g
- Protein: 73.0 g
Honey, 1/3cup (remove)
Oats, 1 cup (remove)
**Flax Seed Meal (ground flax), 1/4 c (remove)
Coconut, toasted, 1 c(remove)
Peanut Butter, smooth style, 1/2 cup (remove)
Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp (remove)
Feel free to substitute in your favorite nut butter (almond butter, sunflower seed butter, etc.) for the peanut butter. And you could also add in some wheat germ in place of some or all of the flaxseed. I would caution, though, against substituting agave nectar for the honey, as the honeyfs thickness helps hold things together.
Some other fun substitutions for the chocolate chips (or an addition to them) could include:
• chopped dried fruit (apricots, dates, raisins, etc.)
• dried berries (cranberries, cherries, etc.)
• chopped almonds, pecans, walnuts, or sunflower seeds
• other chips (butterscotch, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, M&Ms, etc.)
• other grains (different kinds of oatmeal, rice cereal, etc.)
If you feel like your energy bites are too dry, add in extra honey or peanut butter. Itfs also not required that you refrigerate these, but I find it helps them stick together much better. And for some reason, I love things like this a little bit chilled. Enjoy!!
Serving Size: Makes about 20-25 balls.
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NANI031.