Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 44.7
- Total Fat: 0.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 74.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
IntroductionYou can either roast your own peppers or buy them at the store. I prefer to roast them myself because the store-bought ones are packed in oil and this increases the calorie count. Plus it's so easy (and kinda fun) to roast your own. You can either roast your own peppers or buy them at the store. I prefer to roast them myself because the store-bought ones are packed in oil and this increases the calorie count. Plus it's so easy (and kinda fun) to roast your own.
-1 clove of garlic, minced
-2 shallots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
-1 tsp fresh time leaves
-4 roasted red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
-1 TBSP cooking sherry
-2 1/2 C chicken broth (low sodium)
-dash of salt
-1 to 2 pinches freshly ground black pepper
-1/4 tsp orange zest
To roast your own peppers, preheat the oven to 450. Make sure that the peppers are washed and dried. Put them on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Once they're done, put them in a covered container for 10 minutes to help the skin loosen. After that, peel the skins off and pop out the stems and seeds (make sure that there are no seeds left). That's it - you've got roasted peppers!
2. Add garlic, shallots and thyme. Cover and stir occasionally as mixture sautés, about 10-15 minutes.
3. Put roasted red peppers and remaining ingredients into the pot. Turn heat to high.
4. Once mixture comes to a boil, turn heat down to medium.Cover and let cook for 30 minutes.
5. Let soup cool down enough so that it can be safely blended (if it's too hot when you blended, you could have a hot soupy explosion all over your kitchen).
6. Once soup has cooled, pour it into a blender. Gradually increase the speed to high and blend until smooth.
Congratulations! You have soup!
Serving Size: Makes 5 1-cup servings
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MICKIE27.