Vegan Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
- Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 110.3
- Total Fat: 4.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 343.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.3 g
- Protein: 5.9 g
IntroductionA non dairy alternative to mashed potatoes! A non dairy alternative to mashed potatoes!
1 medium - large cauliflower head, thoroughly washed and cut into small florets
1/4 teaspoon salt, divided into halves
2 tablespoons non dairy margarine
2 tablespoons vanilla soy milk
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (1 garlic glove if you want to use a food processor)
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Ground pepper to taste
Season as you like!
You can use a food processor if you like. If using a food processor, you can substitute 1 clove of minced garlic for the garlic powder.
To ensure a head of cauliflower is completely cleaned, I submerge the uncut head in a large bowl of hot water with 3 tablespoons of either lemon juice, vinegar or salt for 10 minutes. Then I remove the cauliflower head, and rinse thoroughly.
2. Place cauliflower in boiling water and cover.
3. Cook until cauliflower if tender and soft.
4. Remove cauliflower from water and drain all excess water.
5. Place cauliflower in a bowl with a masher, or a food processor. Add remaining ingredients -- salt, non dairy margerine, soy milk, garlic (powder if using a masher, fresh clove if you would like and are using a food processor), thyme, and pepper.
6. Combine ingredients until thoroughly mixed, and consistency is similar to mashed potatoes.
7. Season to taste.
Serving Size: 3 servings
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JENKNITS.
Rate This Recipe
Recipe CollectionsHere are user created Recipe Collection which have this recipe:
- by: VEGK80