Super Simple Turkey Meatloaf
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 238.0
- Total Fat: 5.2 g
- Cholesterol: 147.5 mg
- Sodium: 1,219.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.9 g
- Protein: 32.4 g
IntroductionA basic and flavorful meatloaf A basic and flavorful meatloaf
1 lb ground turkey breast
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
3/4 rolled oats (not instant)
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 can of tomato sauce
1 tbsp Goya Adobo seasoning or garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste
* Turkey tends to be a dry meat. Grating the onion, rather than mincing, can help it retain moisture during baking. You can also add about 1/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth to the mix for a juicier meatloaf.
*This meatloaf makes for great sandwiches the next day.
2. Lightly grease a 9"x13" baking dish with cooking spray or canola oil
3. Combine all ingredients except for the tomato sauce and tbsp of Worcestershire sauce. Mix should be soft and moist.
4. Form meat mixture into loaf shape in middle of baking pan and cook for 45 minutes.
5. Combine tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce in bowl and coat the loaf. Use a cooking brush or spoon to make sure the loaf is evenly covered in sauce.
6. Cook for another 15 minutes or until the internal temperature at the thickest part of the loaf reaches 165.
7. Let meatloaf rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Serving Size: 4 Servings