Low Fat, High Protein Turkey Sausage, Egg White and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 204.0
- Total Fat: 5.2 g
- Cholesterol: 33.4 mg
- Sodium: 832.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.0 g
- Protein: 25.0 g
IntroductionThis low-fat, high protein breakfast sandwich is delicious, filling and extremely fast to make. This low-fat, high protein breakfast sandwich is delicious, filling and extremely fast to make.
- 2 slices of Light Wheat Bread
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 Jennie-O Turkey Sausage Patty
- 1 Slice of Kraft Fat Free American Cheese
- I don't add extra salt and pepper b/c the sausage carries a lot of the flavor.
- Once you get into a routine you can literally make this sandwich in about 10 minutes tops.
- Substitute turkey bacon, canadian bacon, etc. to change flavor while keeping the meal low fat. Cooking turkey bacon will take longer.
- While pan is heating place both slices of bread into the toaster to desired toast level.
- When pan is very hot, separate two egg whites and place into pan.
- Reduce heat to medium high.
- Place one turkey sausage patty into pan. Give sausage 30 seconds to cook. Flip sausage after 30 seconds. Once flipped, use spatula to smash sausage patty into larger, thinner patty. This helps the sausage cook faster and also makes the patty about the size of the piece of bread.
- Flip egg white (note it will cook very fast).
- Remove egg white and place on the toast.
- Immediately place slice of cheese on the egg. Heat from the egg will melt the cheese.
- Place finished sausage patty on top of egg.
Serving Size: Makes one sandwich
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MSALTS.