Pesto Shrimp stir-fry
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 285.5
- Total Fat: 15.0 g
- Cholesterol: 177.5 mg
- Sodium: 330.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.0 g
- Protein: 27.4 g
IntroductionAn easy stir-fry type meal with a twist. Pine nuts included in nutritional calculation. An easy stir-fry type meal with a twist. Pine nuts included in nutritional calculation.
3 cups fresh spinach
2 Tbsp pine nuts
16 oz shelled, deveined shrimp
1 zucchini, sliced
1/2 cup onion, sliced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup prepared pesto sauce
1 tsp garlic powder, or minced garlic
1 Tbsp olive oil
2-3 Tbsp water (just in case)
1. Can use any kind of squash (yellow, zucchini, butternut, acorn, calabasas)
2. If not a fan of mushrooms, replace with snow peas or snap peas.
3. Can substitute shrimp with skinless chicken breasts.
4. For additional protein consider adding one can of drained, garbanzo or white beans.
2. Heat oil in skillet. When hot, add sliced vegetables and garlic. Saute till onions are almost translucent.
3. Remove from heat, add pesto sauce.
4. Shell, devein, rinse shrimp (or buy prepared shrimp to save time).
5. On medium-high heat, in separate, large skillet saute shrimp in a little water till almost completely white.
6. Pour vegetable/pesto mixture in with shrimp, stir to distribute pesto sauce.
7. Add fresh spinach and continue cooking till shrimp is completely done and shrimp is wilted.
8. Serve immediately and enjoy!
9. Optional: top with shredded Parmesan cheese (not included in nutritional calculation).
Serving Size: 4 servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JJAQUES41.