Peanut Butter Cookies
1.5 cups Granulated Sugar
Plus some for dusting the the cookies
1 Large Egg
2 Large Egg Whites
2 Cups Powdered Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Water
If you have a soupy dough/batter, try adding some more powdered peanut butter.
If using non-powdered peanut butter, do not add any water
The cookies might be a bit hard to get off, if so try using a thinner spatula and/or scraping off the cookie bits, or coat the spatula with a little bit of flour may help
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Whisk Egg and Whites together, very well
3. Pour sugar into mixing bowl, add egg/egg whites and mix until VERY well combined
4. Add Peanut Butter, 1 cup at a time
5. If needed, SLOWLY add water until you get a good consistency
a. Sticky is better than soupy/liquidy
b. You probably won't need all of it
6. If you wish you may add chocolate chips/morsels, etc. to it now
7. Place a piece of parchment paper over your baking/cookie sheet
8. Spoon the dough/batter onto the baking sheets. 1 or 2 inches apart should be enough
a. If you can, roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the cookie sheet, about 1-1/2 inches apart.
i. Dip a fork in some sugar and flatten the balls, creating a crosshatch pattern in the cookie.
b. Dust the tops of each cookie with a little sugar, just a pinch
9. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes at 350°F, rotating the sheet every 5 minutes
a. I used 11 minutes, rotating after the 5 and 10 minute marks
10. Remove cookie sheet from oven and allow cookies to cool on sheet for about 5 minutes
a. Cookies may stick no matter what
11. Move cookies to a cooling rack to cool further
Serving Size: makes about 33 1-2 inch cookies
Number of Servings: 33
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TMAHER123.