- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 376.2
- Total Fat: 14.5 g
- Cholesterol: 121.5 mg
- Sodium: 798.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.0 g
- Protein: 31.2 g
Introductionadapted from an old family favorite adapted from an old family favorite
3 large Egg, fresh, whole, raw
2 can (6 oz) Tomato Paste
3 tbsp *margarine, light blue bonnet stick
4 serving bell pepper - green (1 oz)
2 serving Sugar-White-1 Tsp
2 gram Herb - Oregano, Dried (1 tsp)
8 oz Great Value Mozarella Cheese low-moisture part skim
2 serving Clove of Garlic
1 serving 1 cup onion chopped
0.50 cup Frigo - Parmesan Cheese Freshly Shredded
2 cup Simply Kraft Low Fat Cottage Cheese, 2% milkfat, Small Curd
12 oz Pasta, Ronzoni, Smart taste, thin spaghetti,rotini, rigitoni
32 oz Turkey, Ground turkey, 93% lean
3.5 cup Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes
The sauce would be a good place to sneak in veggies. Beef or turkey do well in this recipe. Feel free to spice it up a bit to your liking by adding more garlic, crushed red pepper, etc.
This works can be put together the night before and baked the next day.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. In a skillet cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic. Drain off the fat and stir in the undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and oregano. Heat through. Let simmer for a while for best flavor.
4. Spread cottage cheese over the spaghetti crust then pour in the beef and tomato mixture.
5. Cover with Foil and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes.
6. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top of the pie then bake for 5 minutes longer, until cheese melts.
7. Let sit for a few minutes before serving
Serving Size: Makes 12 slices (1/12 of 9x13 pan)