Sugar free Crock pot Apple sauce
IntroductionA tasty apple sauce with a subtle cinnamon flavor. A tasty apple sauce with a subtle cinnamon flavor.
10 medium apples, peeled and cored
2 cinnamon sticks, or one tsp ground cinnamon
5 packets artificial sweetener
3/4 cup water
Stick cinnamon adds a subtle cinnamon flavor. Other spices may be used to your taste.
I have even left my apples whole after peeling and coring them. They cook just as well.
For extra fiber, don't peel the apples. Just make sure to pulse the apples in the food processor a few times. Just make sure you don't get them too mushy! It goes quickly!
2. Place in slow cooker with water and sweetener.
3. Place cinnamon sticks on top of apples. Do not stir in.
4. Cook on low for 6 hours, or until apples are tender (not mushy).
5. Remove cinnamon sticks and discard.
6. Place apples in a bowl, and mash to the desired consistency.
Serving Size: 12
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ROMANS1420.
Rate This Recipe
Recipe CollectionsHere are user created Recipe Collection which have this recipe:
- by: SHERIFEDERKEIL