Grain Free Low Carb Banana Hazelnut Bread
- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 545.5
- Total Fat: 44.4 g
- Cholesterol: 124.3 mg
- Sodium: 503.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 9.7 g
- Protein: 18.8 g
IntroductionThis bread makes a delicious snack or addition to any meal. It even makes a complete meal when you're on the go, or not motivated to take the time to make something healthy. This bread makes a delicious snack or addition to any meal. It even makes a complete meal when you're on the go, or not motivated to take the time to make something healthy.
2 cups hazelnut flour/meal - ground finer in blender or food processor
3/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 scoop GNC chocolate protein powder
5 tbsp flaxseed meal
2 packets or 1/4 tsp stevia - optional - I did not use
4 eggs - whipped up
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar - for leavening
1 medium green apple - shredded on large shredder
2 small bananas - mashed
2 tbsp unsalted butter
I used a glass baking dish.
You can just use 3 eggs. I have done it both ways, and believe using 4 eggs helps the bread raise more.
Cashew, almond or other non-dairy milk can be sure substituted for the dairy. The recipe works either way.
You can also make this with no fruit. Just adding the apple will add moisture without adding the sweetness of the bananas.
Blanched almond meal can be substituted for hazelnut meal and doesn't need further grinding before use.
Amazon is the least expensive source I've found for nut flours, especially on their subscription service.
2. Combine dry ingredients except nut meal.
3. Put nut meal in your blender or food processor. Grind it for about 30 seconds. This makes the particles smaller and your bread lighter. Then add to the other dry ingredients.
4. Whip your eggs. Add apple cider vinegar.
5. Mash the bananas, then shred the apple. Add the fruit to the egg mixture.
6. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well, but don't beat them. Then drop and spoon the batter into the pan.
Serving Size: Makes 8 servings
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MAO-MIAOWS.