Fiesta Chicken Casserole
IntroductionTime for dinner. What to make? What's in the cupboard? These things look like they would go well together. Voila! A very yummy dinner. My husband said it was one of the best southwest type dishes I have ever made. Time for dinner. What to make? What's in the cupboard? These things look like they would go well together. Voila! A very yummy dinner. My husband said it was one of the best southwest type dishes I have ever made.
1 cup onions, chopped
2- 3.25 oz cans Chunk Chicken Breast in Water (I used Members Mark)
1 pkg Lawry's Taco Seasoning (it has the lowest sodium)
1 can Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Cheese
1/2 cup corn, frozen
1 15 oz can tomatoes, diced, no salt added
22 tortilla chips, no salt variety, lightly crushed
NOTE: When I was calculating this recipe I could not find "no salt" tomatoes or "no salt" tortilla chips in Spark People's database. Therefore, the sodium listed for this recipe is higher than what I actually made.
I am sure you could easily substitute ground beef or turkey and it would still be delicious.
2. IN a large frying pan (I used cast iron) over medium-high heat, spray a little oil and then add the onions and stir periodically for about 2 minutes.
3. ADD in the chicken and taco seasoning. Stir to combine and heat through for another 2 minutes.
4. ADD in the soup, corn and tomatoes. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. POUR the ingredients into a medium-sized casserole dish OR it you used a cast iron pan just continue to step 6.
6. Sprinkle the crushed chips over the casserole and bake for 22 minutes.
7. SERVE & ENJOY!
Serving Size: Makes 4 large 2-cup servings