Caramel Oreo Pie
IntroductionThis recipe is anything but healthy. On the other side it should be delicious. This recipe is anything but healthy. On the other side it should be delicious.
1.5 cup oreo crumble
0.75 cup Butter, unsalted
0.6 cup, unpacked Brown Sugar
1 cup, whipped Heavy Whipping Cream
1.5 cup Breyers Chocolate Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
The prep and cooking times overlap. While you are freezing the pie crust you could be making layer 1 of the pie. So while the prep time appears to be 30 minutes and cooking time 90 minutes. To make the whole pie will probably take closer to 90 minutes all together.
- 1 1/2 cup oreo crumble
- 3 TBSP melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Melt butter over medium heat
3. Move to a bowl and mix in oreo crumble evenly
4. Place into a pie tin and use a spatula to spread the mix evenly
5. Place in freezer
Caramel Pie Layer
- 1/2 C melted butter
- 2/3 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C heavy whipping cream
1. Melt down butter and mix in brown sugar to create a caramel.
2. Add in heavy whipping cream and mix evenly.
3. Poor the caramel into the now frozen pie crust and use a spatula to spread evently
4. Place in the freezer for 45 minutes
Chocolate Pie Layer
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 12 oz dark chocolate chips
1. Over medium low heat melt the cream and chocolate chips evenly
2. Use a spatula to spread the chocolate cream over the pie evenly.
3. Freeze the now entire pie for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
Serving Size: 8 slices
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CARINAG4039.