Cilantro Lime Quinoa
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 98.5
- Total Fat: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 2.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
IntroductionGet your fiesta on with this zesty cilantro lime quinoa. Each bowl is gloriously gluten-free, vegan, and just plain delicious as side dish, salad topper, or burrito bowl base. Get your fiesta on with this zesty cilantro lime quinoa. Each bowl is gloriously gluten-free, vegan, and just plain delicious as side dish, salad topper, or burrito bowl base.
1 cup Bob's Red Mill Organic Whole Grain Quinoa (1/4 C dry = 1/2 C)
1.5 cup (8 fl oz) Water, tap
0.25 cup Cilantro Leaves
0.5 fruit (2" dia) Limes
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Leftovers taste great and can be stored in the fridge for up to four days.
The quinoa will soak up the lime and oil so, to amp up the flavor, add a little extra dressing the next day and you're good to go! A scoop or two makes a fabulous salad topper or a flavor-filled base for a yummy burrito bowl! I seriously can't get enough of this stuff!
2. Bring a medium saucepan to medium heat and lightly toast the quinoa to remove any excess water. Stir as it toasts for just a few minutes. This step is optional but really adds to the nuttiness and fluff factor of the quinoa!
3. Next add your water, set burner to high, and bring to a boil.
4. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered with the lid slightly ajar, for 12-13 minutes or until quinoa is fluffy and the liquid has been absorbed.
5. Add chopped cilantro, lime juice, lime zest and oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
6. Toss to combine and taste.
7. Add any extra cilantro, lime, or seasoning that your heart desires and dig in!
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings as Side Dish