- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 179.4
- Total Fat: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0.2 mg
- Sodium: 148.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
Deceptively Delicious Cookbook - Applesauce MuffinsSubmitted by: JKAPLAN86
IntroductionA crunchy streusel topping makes these muffins irresistible! A crunchy streusel topping makes these muffins irresistible!
* Nonstick cooking spray
* 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
* 1/4 cup firmly packed light/dark brown sugar
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 2 tbsp margarine spread, melted
* 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup old-fashioned oats
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 1.5 cup unsweetened applesauce
* 1/2 cup skim milk
* 1/2 cup butternut squash puree
* 1/2 cup firmly packed light/dark brown sugar
* 1/4 cup egg substitute
* To make the topping, stir together the oats, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir in the margarine.
* To make the batter, combine the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl or zipper-lock bag and stir or shake to mix. In a second bowl, mix the applesauce with the milk, vegetable puree, sugar, and egg with a wooden spoon. Add the flour mixture slowly, stirring until just moistened. Do not overmix - the batter is supposed to be lumpy.
* Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups and sprinkle with the streusel topping. Bake until the topping is lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the muffins, 18 to 20 minutes. Turn the muffins out onto a rack and serve warm or cold.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JKAPLAN86.