- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 760.9
- Total Fat: 19.5 g
- Cholesterol: 65.7 mg
- Sodium: 646.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 97.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 10.4 g
- Protein: 48.0 g
TGI Friday's (copycat) Bruschetta Chicken PastaSubmitted by: TEDDYBEAR662
IntroductionI got this from Recipezaar.com. I'm putting it in my Sparks to make it easier to record it for my food log. I got this from Recipezaar.com. I'm putting it in my Sparks to make it easier to record it for my food log.
* 4 (4 oz.) chicken breasts
* salt & pepper (to taste)
* 1lb. angel hair pasta
* 6-8 medium size roma tomatoes (can use canned, if out of season)
* 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/8 tsp black pepper
* 2 minced garlic cloves
* 10 fresh basil leaves
* 2 garlic cloves, sliced into thin coins
* 1/2 cup tomato sauce
* 1 cup balsamic vinegar
* 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
* Pasta: bake to direction on box until al dente. Drain & transfer to a bowl.
* Tomato salad (step 1): Wash, core & dice tomatoes to 1/4 pcs., save juices and place in a small bowl. Wash, dry & cut basil leaves into thin strips. Combine tomatoes, basil, 2 Tbsp of olive oil, salt, pepper, & minced garlic and hold for 2 hours before use.
* Tomato salad (step 2): Heat heavy bottom saucepan under medium-low flame. Add 2 Tbsp. olive oil, heat oil for 20 seconds. Saute garlic cloves, that are sliced into thin coins, in oil (if small cloves, use 3) for 45 seconds on each side until soft and tender - do not brown garic (if brown DISCARD and start over). Increase heat & add tomato salad and stir.
* Tomato salad (step 3): Add plain tomato sauce to pan and bring to a boil. Add pasta to sauce pan and toss with fresh sauce (sauce should just coat pasta). Transfer to a service platter or plate individually. Garnish with balsamic glaze.
* Balsamic glaze: Bring to a boil vinegar & sugar in a small pan and turn down flame to a simmer. Reduce by 75% until sauce turns to a thick syrup, hold at roon temperature.
* To Serve: slice chicken breast into strips on a bias (45 degree angle) and place on top of pasta. Enjoy!!!
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TEDDYBEAR662.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
This is awesome. Very similar to TGIF but healthier. - 6/2/09
Reply from TEDDYBEAR662 (6/2/09)
Thank you! I never went to TGI Friday's before, but finally tried it and am always craving this now! It is definitely YUMMY!!! Hope you enjoyed it!
760 calories per serving? is that from the pasta? - 1/9/13
Reply from TEDDYBEAR662 (1/9/13)
Roskon1, not sure. I posted this basically for me to be able to put it into my food tracker easier. I just put all the recipe in here & that's what it says for the calories sadly. It's not something I have weekly or even monthly, but when you're in the mood, it's nice to have. Thx 4 commenting.