- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 472.1
- Total Fat: 22.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 177.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.9 g
- Protein: 45.7 g
Jamie Olivers Pork & Cider StewSubmitted by: WAHZOE
IntroductionFrom the Ministry of Food Book From the Ministry of Food Book
2 sticks of celery
2 medium carrots
2 medium onions
1 heaped tablespoon of flour
1 * 400g tin chopped tomatoes
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 sprigs of fresh sage
500g diced stewing pork
500ml medium-dry cider
1. Trim the ends of the celery and roughly chop the sticks. Peel and roughly chop the onions. Peel the carrots, slice lengthways and roughly chop.
2. Put a casserole on a medium heat. Put all the vegetables and the sage into the pan with 2 lugs of olice oil and fry for 10 minutes.
3. Add the pork and the flour. Pour in the cider and tinned tomatoes.
4. Give it a good stir, then season with 1 tsp sea salt (use less if table salt) and a few good grinds of black pepper.
5. Bring to a boil , put the lid on and simmer slowly or cook in the oven for 2 1/2 hours.
6. Remove the lid for the final hour.
7. When done, your meat should be tender and delicious.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user WAHZOE.