- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 280.7
- Total Fat: 14.0 g
- Cholesterol: 40.8 mg
- Sodium: 709.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 20.4 g
(Body for Life) Chili Rellenos Casserole
IntroductionGreen Chilies filled with melted Monterey Jack cheese baked in a light egg souffle Green Chilies filled with melted Monterey Jack cheese baked in a light egg souffle
3 cnas (4oz) whole green chilies, drained
4 oz reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
1 1/4 cup egg substitute
1/2 cup egg substitute
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup skim milik or almond milk unsweetened
1 tsp chili powder
2 green onions sliced (scallions)
1/2 cup salsa
2. Lightly coat an 11" x 7" baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Lay whole green chilies out on paper towels. Slice Monterey Jack cheese into the same number of pieces as there are chilies. Insert a slice of cheese inside each chili and arrange evenly in baking dish.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together egg substitue, flour and milk. Pour egg mixture over chilies in baking dish.
5. Layer shredded cheddar cheese on top of casserole, then sprinkle with chili powder and green onion.
6. Bake for 35 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpi9ck insterted in center comes out "clean". (If the tookp;eick does not fcome out clean, that means the casserole is not yet cooked through. Give it a few more minutes, and test again.)
7. Cut into 4 portions and top with salsa. Serve and enjoy!
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user REMU670.