- Servings Per Recipe: 96
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 28.8
- Total Fat: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 5.2 mg
- Sodium: 12.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.3 g
Earl Grey Tea Cookies - Martha Stewart Cookies Pg 231Submitted by: HPERCY
IntroductionThe addition of Earl Gray tea in this recipe gives the cookies the slightest hint of bergamot orange flavorong. The addition of Earl Gray tea in this recipe gives the cookies the slightest hint of bergamot orange flavorong.
2 cups Flour, white
0.5 tsp Salt,
1 cup Butter, unsalted,
0.5 cup Powdered Sugar, .
2 tbsp Earl Grey tea leaves - finely ground,
1 tbsp Orange Zest
2. Whisk together flour, tea, and salt in a bowl
3. Put butter, confectioners' sugar, and orange zest in the bowl of an electric mixer and cream together on medium speed
4. Reduce speed to low and gradually mix in flour mixture until just combined.
5. EITHER: Divide dough in half and shape each half into a log on parchment paper to 1.25" diameter and freeze until firm (1 hour); OR: use a cookie press and press dough onto parchment paper for baking right away.
6. Pre-heat over to 350 degrees F.
7. If using the "log" method, cut logs into 0.25 inch thick slices. Space 1 inch apart on baking sheets lned with parchment.
8. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are golden, 13 to 15 minutes.
9. Let cool on sheets on wire racks. Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 5 days.
Number of Servings: 96
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HPERCY.