Baked Baby Lobster TailsSubmitted by: LILSTARLET
2 - Baby Lobster Tails
1 clove - Garlic, minced
1 tbsp - Light Butter Substitute (Like Smart Balance Light Buttery Spread)
1 tbsp - Lemon Juice
1) To prepare the marinade, melt the butter substitute in the microwave (about 30 - 45 seconds). Add the lemon juice. Add paprika, white peper garlic powder and salt to taste (go lightly on the salt as lobster is already fairly salty). Set aside.
2) Begin with a defrosted lobster tail. Take a pair of kitchen shears and hold the lobster tail in your hand. Begin cutting down one side of the underside of the lobster tail as close to the side shell as you can. Repeat a cut down the other side. Join the 2 previous cutsby cutting across the middle at the base of the tail (do not cut the tail fins off, just join the 2 cuts on the underside)
3) Grab the underside of the shell and peel back (removing belly & legs of lobster). Discard.
4) Pull the meat away from the top shell all the way down to the tail. Place meat back into the shell.
5) Place each lobster tail on a sheet of aluminum foil (shell down). Spread equal amounts of the minced garlic onto the exposed meat, then drizzle 1 tbsp of the marinade onto each tail.
6) Fold up the ends of the foil so your lobster tail is completely sealed. Place the tails on a a baking sheet, and bake for 22 minutes.
7) Once the lobster is cooked, unwrap the tail, and serve.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LILSTARLET.