Vegan Oatmeal PancakesSubmitted by: ANTIOCHIA
IntroductionWonderful with Strawberries! Wonderful with Strawberries!
1 cup flour
1/2 cup Quick Oatmeal (not instant)
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon Canola oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice (or vinegar)
about 1-1/4 cups soy milk
2. Measure all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix together with a spoon.
3. Pour in the oil, and the soured soy milk. Stir until just mixed. If not thin enough for pancake batter, stir in up to 1/4 cup more of soy milk (or water).
4. Fry in margarine as for regular pancakes. (Note: nutritional information does not include the margarine for frying.)
5. Serve with fresh sliced strawberries (Yum!) or with maple syrup and margarine. (Nutritional information also does not include what you put ON the pancakes.)
6. Makes 5 servings: 2 pancakes each.
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ANTIOCHIA.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Great recipe. I was initally dissapointed that the nutriential information didn't include frying agent or the topping. Then I understood. We can make our own choices about the added calories. I used Spam to fry and a low sugar apricot preserve to top. It was yummy. I almost didn't miss syrup. - 4/27/10