- Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 166.8
- Total Fat: 6.0 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 130.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.8 g
- Protein: 6.8 g
Vegan Lentil & Brown Rice Veggie BurgersSubmitted by: LIZARD1280
IntroductionReally yummy, healthy and WAY less expensive than buying the premade ones. These are loaded with veggies and only costs about 50 cents per serving!! Really yummy, healthy and WAY less expensive than buying the premade ones. These are loaded with veggies and only costs about 50 cents per serving!!
1 cup dry lentils
4 cups cooked brown rice
2 small zuccini, grated
1 cup dry oatmeal
2 porcini mushroom boullion cubes (substitute with vegetable boullion or stock if you can't find porcini boullion cubes)
1/4 cup tapioca flour
4 tbsp corn starch
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
1 tbsp Mrs. Dash Original Blend Seasoning
2 tbsp Onion Powder
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp dry mustard
1 tbsp dried thyme
2 large carrots, grated
1 large portabella mushroom, diced
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 bag frozen chopped spinach (10 oz)
1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely choppped
1 cup walnuts, chopped
4 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
non-stick cooking spray
Salt & Pepper to taste
2. Add brown rice, oatmeal, and lentils to a large bowl mix together. Set aside and allow to cool.
3. Heat olive oil in a large saute pan. Add onions, mushrooms, spinach, carrots, bell pepper, zuccini, Mrs. Dash, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, dry mustard, Italian parsley, chives, and salt & pepper (to taste). Cook until vegetables are soft. Add to rice and lentil mixture.
4. Add tapioca flour to combined mixture and stir until combined.
5. Mix cold water and corn starch in a cup or bowl until well combined. Add to rice and lentil mixture and stir until well combined. Season again with Mrs. Dash, salt & pepper if necessary.
6. Use an icecream scoop to make patties all the same size (I use 2 scoops per patty). Shape into patties with damp hands. I get mine wet before shaping each one, this helps it to not stick to your hands.
7. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, spray with cooking spray and add patties. About 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown on each side.
* To save a little time, add all spices and veggies to the food processor and pulse until chopped finely then saute.
These burgers freeze beautifully!!
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LIZARD1280.