- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 219.6
- Total Fat: 10.7 g
- Cholesterol: 10.5 mg
- Sodium: 502.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 5.0 g
Apple pecan cornbread stuffingSubmitted by: CVORNURSE
IntroductionA lightened up version of a family favorite A lightened up version of a family favorite
* 1/2 (9x9 inch) pan cornbread, cooled and crumbled
* 2 cups herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix
* 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
* 1/4teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
* 3 TBS Smart Balance spread
* .5 cup chopped celery
* .5 cup chopped onion
* 1 cup no sugar added apple juice
* 1 cup chopped apples
* 1/2 cup Egg Beaters
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans
2. In a large bowl combine the corn bread, stuffing mix, parsley, salt and ginger.
3. In a heavy saucepan melt the butter and saute; the celery and onion for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Add this to the cornbread mixture and mix well. Stir in the chopped apple, chopped pecans, apple juice and beaten eggs. Toss lightly. Spoon dressing into the prepared casserole dish.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Serves 10, can be doubled
I like poultry flavoring in my stuffing so I added 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning ---optional
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CVORNURSE.