- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 205.4
- Total Fat: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 80.3 mg
- Sodium: 279.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 31.6 g
'Low-in-Everything' Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Chicken BreastsSubmitted by: NICOLETTEDIMON
IntroductionSeriously low in fat, calories, sodium - but extremely rich in Protein. Excellent with a side salad and of course, there are sooo many variations you can do with this! I have added Turkey Ham (low in fat too!) and have done without Breadcrumbs. See below for other variations/options. Seriously low in fat, calories, sodium - but extremely rich in Protein. Excellent with a side salad and of course, there are sooo many variations you can do with this! I have added Turkey Ham (low in fat too!) and have done without Breadcrumbs. See below for other variations/options.
* 3 Chicken Breasts (or 6 halves)
* 2 cups Broccoli, chopped fine (more or less, depending on how much you like)
* ~ 1/4 c. Breadcrumbs - more so eyeing this up
* ~ 3 tbsp Parmesan Cheese (fresh is great!)
* 1 egg white
* 3 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese (FF is fine too, but a little fat won't hurt in this recipe!)
* Salt & Pepper (optional/to taste)
* Garlic Powder (optional/to taste)
* .5 c Finely chopped Turkey Ham (not included in nutritional info, but does not add much) - and is completely optional!
* If chicken breast is not "halved", cut into halves. For ease (and no mess), put chicken in a bag, or wrap in saran wrap and pound to 1/4" thickness.
* Spread each breast with about .5 oz of cream cheese
* Add chopped broccoli to each breast
* If you wanted to add Turkey ham, do so as well
* Wrap tightly and hold together with a toothpick.
* Completely optional (this can be done without egg white, but I added it anyway - I usually don't use it though): Roll wrapped breast in egg white and place on sprayed cookie sheet
* Sprinkle on bread crumbs (1/4 c was an approximate - but I usually use a lot less by sprinkling rather than rolling)
Bake for 25-30 minutes (cook times vary!). For the last 5 minutes, sprinkle on freshly shredded parmesan cheese. Don't need a lot. Bake until cheese melted.
Again, excellent with a side salad or reduced fat crescent rolls (with this recipe, it won't hurt!).
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NICOLETTEDIMON.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Instead of breading the chicken, I topped it with Ragu and baked it, then topped it with mozzarella for a parmesan chicken meal. I also used 2 oz cream cheese mixed with 3 oz ricotta cheese for the filling. This was great in the tomato sauce, and I'm looking forward to trying it breaded next time! - 2/8/11
I made this tonight and it was very yummy! Even my picky toddler liked it. I didn't use the cheese on top because I didn't have any but next time I will try it and I bet it will be even better! - 10/25/09
Reply from NICOLETTEDIMON (10/26/09)
Thanks so much for the feedback!