- Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 62.7
- Total Fat: 0.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0.2 mg
- Sodium: 186.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
Whole Wheat and Honey Herb-licious Breadsticks!Submitted by: CALLIOCA
IntroductionHomemade, whole wheat breadsticks that taste amazing, you know exactly what's in them, and you can eat them without guilt! Best of all, they don't take long - no waiting forever for the dough to rise. (Also makes amazing pizza crust!) Homemade, whole wheat breadsticks that taste amazing, you know exactly what's in them, and you can eat them without guilt! Best of all, they don't take long - no waiting forever for the dough to rise. (Also makes amazing pizza crust!)
2 cups whole wheat flour (can use white whole wheat)
1 cup hot water (hottest that you can get from the tap, about 110deg F)
1 Tbspn quick-rise yeast
1 Tbspn honey
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
Herbs of choice - parsley, italian seasoning, etc.
1 Tbspn olive oil or smart choice (my calories are using smart choice)
1 Tbspn parmesan
2. Combine the rest of the ingredients in bigger bowl.
3. Add water mixture to the dry ingredients.
4. Knead for a minute or two, either with an electric mixer or by hand. I use my handheld plain-old mixer. You might need to add a little more water or a little more flour to get the consistency perfectly dough-y.
5. Cover bowl and set in warm place to rest for 5min. (If you have time, you can let rest for an hour or two or till doubled. But you don't have to, it will rise while baking!)
6. Rub with a little olive oil or melted smart choice, sprinkle with parmesan and more herbs if desired. Soo good and herbs add virtually no calories!
7. Stretch out dough into desired shape on pizza pan or baking sheet. Let rest 5min if you have time.
8 Cut into strips or pie-slice shapes as desired, and bake at 400deg F for about 10 min. Watch sticks for puffing up and getting golden brown, and take out when they are as puffed or golden brown as you desire. ;) (Note: amount of puffing sometimes depends on the quality of your yeast or the amount of you kneading.)
Makes 16 pie-slice shaped wedges on a pizza stone, which is how I calculated my calories. Yum!!
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CALLIOCA.