- Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 276.3
- Total Fat: 7.0 g
- Cholesterol: 47.9 mg
- Sodium: 1,409.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 9.6 g
- Protein: 26.1 g
Eating For Life - Mom's Chicken EnchiladasSubmitted by: POWRMOM
8 portions chicken breast (about 2 lb)
1 large onion
4 T fresh cilantro, chopped
17 oz. can chopped green chilis -or- 2 jalapeno
2 28oz cans green enchilada sauce
16 whole grain tortillas
2 C reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
4 C lettuce shredded
1 C salsa
1 C light sour cream
32 jumbo black olives, sliced
2. Boil chicken breastsin water about 15 minutes. Drain, cool, and shred with 2 forks. Set aside.
3. Lightly coat skillet with cooking spray. Saute onion, cialntro and green chilis (or jalapeno) over medium high heat for 2 minutes. add chickenand 1 can of enchilada sauce. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
4. Pour the remaining 2 cans of enchilada sauce into a pie plate and warm in microwave for about 2 minutes. Dip each tortilla in the sauce, fill with 1/8 chicken mixture, roll up, and place in baking dish seam side down.
5. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
6. Divide lettuce among plates. Place a portion of enchiladas on top. Top with salsa, sour cream, and olives.
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user POWRMOM.