Fresh Vegan Spring RollsSubmitted by: BLOGILATES
IntroductionThis traditional Vietnamese dish is easy to make and perfect for a hot day when you want something cool and filling. This traditional Vietnamese dish is easy to make and perfect for a hot day when you want something cool and filling.
Vegetables sliced thin (purple cabbage, carrots, cucumber, lettuce)
1 block of firm tofu sliced into sticks and marinated in soy sauce with 1 clove of garlic and a pinch of stevia
8 pieces of rice paper (banh trang)
Vegetable oil spray
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
2 tsp Sriracha chili sauce or to taste
1 lemon, juiced
You can find the Sriracha chili sauce and the rice paper in the Asian section of most large grocery stores or at your local Asian market. Watch recipe creator Cassey Ho demonstrate how quick and easy it is to make this recipe!
Be sure to subscribe to Cassey's YouTube channel for weekly additions to the "Cheap Clean Eats" series, as well as fun workouts!
2. Marinate tofu in soy sauce mixture
3. Place frying pan over medium heat and coat with vegetable oil spray
4. Cook tofu slices with marinade until toasted on both sides
5. Mix sauce ingredients in a small bowl
6. Soak rice paper in a shallow dish of warm water for a few seconds then place on a plate
5. Place 2 pieces of tofu, veggies and lettuce in the middle of the rice paper then fold closed like a burrito, repeat with the remaining ingredients
6. Serve with dipping sauce
Serving Size: 2 wraps