Lean & Clean Quesadilla
IntroductionThis Mexican favorite is made healthier with coconut flour tortillas, turkey filling and fresh pico de gallo. This Mexican favorite is made healthier with coconut flour tortillas, turkey filling and fresh pico de gallo.
Pico de Gallo:
4 Roma tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 lemon, juiced
1/3 cup egg whites
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1/8 tsp baking powder
vegetable oil spray
4 ounces 99% fat-free ground turkey
3 celery stalks, chopped
Mrs. Dash seasoning to taste
1/4 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
Vegetable oil spray
If you'd prefer to avoid dairy, you can sub vegan cheese for the mozzarella. Watch recipe creator Cassey Ho demonstrate how quick and easy it is to make this recipe!
Be sure to subscribe to Cassey's YouTube channel for weekly additions to the "Cheap Clean Eats" series, as well as fun workouts!
2. Combine all tortilla ingredients in a bowl and set aside
3. Saute celery in a small pan coated with vegetable oil spray, stirring occasionally
4. Heat a large frying pan on medium and coat with vegetable oil spray
5. Pour 1/2 of the tortilla batter in the pan
6. After the surface starts to bubble, flip and cook the other side
7. Repeat with the remaining batter.
8. Add turkey and seasoning to the pan of celery and cook through
9. Pour the turkey mixture onto first tortilla and top with cheese, followed by the second tortilla
10. Slice the quesadilla in 4 pieces and top with pico de gallo
Serving Size: 1/4 of the quesadilla