Ground Turkey Breast and Grilled Vegetable Lasagna
- Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 310.6
- Total Fat: 10.8 g
- Cholesterol: 68.0 mg
- Sodium: 221.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 29.9 g
IntroductionThis is a low-fat version of lasagna. I used ground turkey breast instead of ground beef and fat free ricotta cheese. You can make this even healthier by using whole grain pasta and fat free Italian Cheese for the topping. The zucchini and eggplant is rather scant, so feel free to add as many veggies as you wish. This is a low-fat version of lasagna. I used ground turkey breast instead of ground beef and fat free ricotta cheese. You can make this even healthier by using whole grain pasta and fat free Italian Cheese for the topping. The zucchini and eggplant is rather scant, so feel free to add as many veggies as you wish.
1.3 lbs ground turkey breast
1 medium vidalia or sweet onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1/2 medium to large eggplant, sliced
1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
9 Lasagna noodles
10 oz of ricotta cheese (1/2 of a large container)
2 cups of Six Cheese Italian Fancy Shredded Cheese
1-3 cloves of garlic
1 tsp italian seasoning
1-2 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon Allspice
Salt & Pepper to taste
I roasted the garlic in foil along with the eggplant and zucchini and added it to the sauce, but it can be minced and added when browning the meat. Adding rinsed black beans to the sauce will also add some fiber and protein, or you can substitute beans for the meat.
2. Heat oven to 375
3. Slice the zucchini and eggplant, drizzle with olive oil to lightly coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss. Put on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
4. Slice the onion and green pepper
5. Dice the garlic
6. In a large pot put 2 Tablespoons of olive oil or enough to just cover the bottom of the pot.
7. Add the ground turkey breast, onion, green pepper, garlic, and italian seasoning and brown on medium to medium high heat, breaking the meat into small pieces as it cooks.
8. When the meat is cooked through, add the can of crushed tomatos. If the brand of tomatos you are using is thin or runny, drain the turkey breast; otherwise just add the tomatoes and stir.
9. Add the allspice and the sugar. Taste. If the sauce is too acidic, add a little more sugar.
10. After the eggplant and zucchini are done, set them aside to cool.
1. Spray a 92 x 12 baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Lay 3 noodles down, set zucchini and eggplant on noodles, dollop riccotta cheese, then spoon with sauce.
3. Do this for 2 more layers, finishing with the sauce.
4. Spread 2 cups of shredded six cheese italian style cheese on top.
Bake at 375, covered with foil, for 30 minutes. Remove foil, bank for 10 more minutes. Remove foil and broil at 450 degrees for 6 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes nine 3 x 4 inch pieces
Number of Servings: 9
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user GLADGAD.