Healthy Banana 'Ice Cream' Cookie Sandwich
- Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 285.1
- Total Fat: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 179.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.4 g
- Protein: 7.6 g
IntroductionThis amazing ice cream cookie sandwich has no dairy and no added sugar. It contains just two simple, healthy ingredients that combine to make a delicious frozen treat. This amazing ice cream cookie sandwich has no dairy and no added sugar. It contains just two simple, healthy ingredients that combine to make a delicious frozen treat.
2 ripe bananas
1 cup rolled oats
Vegetable oil spray
Make sure to press the cookie "dough" flat onto the pan in exactly the shape you want it to end up. Watch recipe creator Cassey Ho demonstrate how quick and easy it is to make this recipe!
Be sure to subscribe to Cassey's YouTube channel for weekly additions to the "Cheap Clean Eats" series, as well as fun workouts!
2. Place oats into a food processor and grind into oat flour
3. Pour oat flour into a bowl and mash with the second banana until a dough forms
4. Make 4 cookies and place them on an oiled pan in the oven for 15 min at 350 degrees
5. Allow cookies to cool completely
6. Place frozen banana pieces in the food processor and blend for 1-2 min until it forms a cream
7. Scoop cream onto cookie, sandwich it and enjoy
Serving Size: Makes 2 ice cream cookie sandwiches
Member Ratings For This Recipe
285 Calories!?!?! For that I can have a serving (or two) of real ice cream! Are you sure that calorie count is correct? And, if it is, how is that supposed to be so healthy of a snack? Much better to just eat a frozen banana....
What if you froze the banana filling between 2 graham cracker squares? - 7/22/14