Cranberry Pistachio Cookies
IntroductionThe subtle, melt-in-your-mouth flavor of these cookies gets even better as it lingers. The flavors are festive, the dough smells like heaven, and the cookies themselves are always a hit! The subtle, melt-in-your-mouth flavor of these cookies gets even better as it lingers. The flavors are festive, the dough smells like heaven, and the cookies themselves are always a hit!
15.5 oz Sugar Cookie mix (I used Krusteaz, one box)
1 4-serving box of Sugar Free, Fat Free Pistachio pudding mix
1/4 cup white flour
1/2 cup margarine, 50% fat (5 grams per serving)
1/2 cup Egg Beaters fat-free liquid egg substitute
3/4 cup shelled pistachios (salted)
1/2 cup Craisins, sweetened dried cranberries
My cookies came out best when I rotated them on the cookie sheet (by just turning them in a circle to unstick the bottom of the cookie) before I moved them to the cooling rack.
** Also: if desired, you could use 2 whole eggs in place of the substitute, and a 1/2 cup of melted butter in place of margarine for stronger taste.
2. Using a food processor or Quick Chop, chop the pistachios into fine pieces; if using a food processor, chop the cranberries at the same time.
3. In a large bowl, combine cookie mix, pudding mix, and flour, and mix until blended.
4. Microwave the margarine for approx. 30 seconds, or until fully melted.
5. Mix melted margarine and liquid egg substitute with the dry ingredients and stir until a soft dough forms.
6. Stir in chopped pistachios and cranberries.
7. Using a teaspoon (or small cookie scoop), drop dough evenly spaced (about 2 in apart) on your cookie sheet(s), and flatten slightly.
8. Bake for 9-11 minutes (mine took about 13 minutes), until the edges of the cookies are just lightly golden brown, and the tops feel firm (but not hard) to the touch.
Let cookies cool for about 2 minutes; then move to a cooling rack and allow to firm.
Serving Size: Makes 40 cookies