Jamie's High Fiber & Protein, Low Calorie Breakfast Burrito
- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 308.1
- Total Fat: 11.6 g
- Cholesterol: 60.0 mg
- Sodium: 1,300.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 12.8 g
- Protein: 33.6 g
IntroductionI just had to share my favorite recipe for a filling breakfast with lots of fiber and protein for only 308 calories! And it only takes one skillet so there isn't much of a clean-up! I just had to share my favorite recipe for a filling breakfast with lots of fiber and protein for only 308 calories! And it only takes one skillet so there isn't much of a clean-up!
1 Large Low-Carb Tortilla (La Tortilla Factory: Large size with 12g fiber)
1 Wedge Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle Cheese
2 Jimmy Dean's Fully Cooked Turkey Sausage Patties roughly chopped
1/2 Bell Pepper chopped
1 T Chicken or Vegetable Broth
6 T Egg Beaters 100% Egg Whites
Hot Sauce or salsa optional
If you don't have the time for the skillet. I have done a faster (although slightly less delicious) version. I left out the bell pepper since that takes a little time to chop and brown, and microwaved the eggs in a mug. I microwaved the sausages on a plate (since they come fully cooked already). Then I stuck them into the "untoasted" tortilla with hot sauce!
For a Vegetarian option, substitute turkey sausages with veggie sausages!
2. In same skillet, brown sausages on medium heat until warmed through and empty onto tortilla.
3. In same skillet stir fry bell pepper in broth until tender.
4. Add egg beaters to peppers and stir until cooked through. Empty skillet onto the tortilla.
5. Add hot sauce or salsa if desired, roll and serve!
Serving Size: makes 1 burrito
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Recipe CollectionsHere are user created Recipe Collection which have this recipe:
- by: SMARCO2
- by: LKPOOH
- by: JAMIE_CHRISTINE All my weird diet-friendly concoctions I come up with during my weight loss journey!