Italian Herb & Garlic Chicken
IntroductionYour chicken should be soft, tender and moist. Pepper to taste and enjoy.
Just a little bit of time in the kitchen for a yummy dinner idea that is low in calories and yummy. Plus, you should have leftovers!! Your chicken should be soft, tender and moist. Pepper to taste and enjoy.
Just a little bit of time in the kitchen for a yummy dinner idea that is low in calories and yummy. Plus, you should have leftovers!!
1.5 lbs of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1/2 cup Tuscan Garden Herb & Garlic Marinade
1/2 cup Italian Style Seasoned Bread Crumbs
I can (14.5oz) Stewed Tomatoes
1/4 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/4 teaspoon italian herb
1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
*My family likes thier chicken a little crunchy so sometime I up the heat to 400 degrees or After 25 minutes I will turn the oven to boil and harden the outside a little bit more before I add the tomatos and cheese.
*I would NOT suggest adding salt to this recipe other than what is already mentioned.
*This recipe assumes you will be using 6tbsp of marinade and tossing the other half out. If not add 10 calories for each serving.
2. Put the chicken in a ziploc bag and add 1/2 cup of Tuscan Garden Herb and Garden marinade. Press out extra air and seal the bag. Let this sit for 20-30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
4. On a plate pour 1/2 cup of bread crumbs. Dip your chicken fillet in the bread crumbs even coating all sides of chicken
5. Place chicken fillets into a large baking dish and place in the over to cook for 30 minutes.
6. Cooktop: using a small pot, pour 1 can of stewed tomatoes and bring to a boil.
7. Use a potato masher until the tomatoes reduce down to a chucky shaghetti sauce texture. If desired- add 1/4 teaspoon each of garlic salt, seasoning salt and italian herb.
8. After the chicken has cooked 30 minutes open the oven and spoon tomato mix over each fillet of breaded chicken and top with 1/4 cup of shredded chicken. Close the oven and allow to cook for 10 additional minutes.
9. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Serving Size: makes six 4oz servings
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CARAMELANGEL247.