Super High Calorie Oats Chiwda
- Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 354.6
- Total Fat: 21.1 g
- Cholesterol: 4.5 mg
- Sodium: 378.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.1 g
- Protein: 13.2 g
IntroductionChiwda with all the good things. My kind of anytime Snack. Chiwda with all the good things. My kind of anytime Snack.
1. Cereals, oats, instant, fortified, plain, dry, 500 grams
2. Pine Nuts, 1 cup (250 gms)
3. Almonds, 250 grams
4. Peanuts, dry-roasted, 250 grams
5. Cashew Nuts, dry roasted, 250 grams
6. Garlic, 100 grams
7. Asafoetida / Hing, 2 tsp
8. Black Gram Dal (Urad Dal), 200 gram(s)
9. Chana Jor Garam, 250 gram(s)
10. Chana, 200 gram(s)
11. Ghee, 50 gram(s)
12. Green Chillies, One Cup.
13. Black Pepper Corn, 50 grams
Let it cool off COMPLETELY, spreading it on a news paper, probably, before sealing in an air tight container.
Add fried curry leaves (kadhi patta) if you want to.
You may ghee roast the peanuts as well, if you don't mind the excess frying. Going by the less calories I am consuming these days, I made this one especially calorie rich as the low calorie intake was hurting my weight loss programme.
1. VERY SLOW fry thinly sliced (as thin as possible. I sometimes, when free, use a Razor Blade!!!) garlic and green chilies in ghee and strain, leaving the ghee in the pan. In my case, I turn the gas knob towards the close/off end and tap it till it is at its lowest. Do it and you shall know what I mean! This frying takes about 20-30 minutes. The garlic and chilies turn out to be brown and super crisp.
2. Dry roast the Oats, over a very low flame, in the biggggest wok/kadhhai you have got, till you get that mild aroma and light brown colour. This is a hit and trail method and you shall know what I mean once you try it. It should also take nearly 30 minutes.
3. Once done with the garlic, fry the 2 dals in the remaining ghee and strain. Add more ghee, if need be.
4. Very little ghee should remain in the pan. Roast/shallow fry the # 2,3 and 4 nuts in this. Crush them coarsely along with the Black Pepper.
5. The peanuts can be micro-waved. I do them at the highest setting for 1:30 minutes; let them cool completely and repeat 2 more times. For added Sin-Value, roast them in GHEE!!!
6. Heat the remaining ghee and once it is smoking hot, add the asafetida and once that is done, mix everything (including the Chana Jor Garam) in that biggggest wok and mix and mix and mix. Should take care of about 250 calories off you!
Serving Size: Makes nearly 2.5 kgs. Nearly 80 gm's 30 servings!!!
Number of Servings: 30
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user R72485Z.